Thread: Nvidia Driver Isssue

Poster
    I'm having a few problems installing the latest drivers for my Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra. Im currently running the 53.03 Release from the Nvidia website. When I tried a later release (56.64) I was getting really crappy frame rates (running the 'Dawn' demo from Nvidia), so reverted back to the 53.03.

I recently tried thier latest release 56.72 and I'm getting the same problem - crappy frame rates (and a CTD when playing Painkiller). Surley these later releases should have good support for a high end card?

I've tried searching for a Creative driver release but can't find my card on thier website. Help?
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Barton Athlon XP2500, 512Mb DDR RAM, Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, Win XP</span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hmm, maybe the new drivers have full aa and af turned on by default...and maybe ur older driver didnt have it already on? ive always got them on so i wouldnt have noticed a difference, but my card is running fine with teh latest drivers. try disabling aa and af and try again...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Sorry about the long time to reply (I was ahem seeding a torrent and didnt want to restart my pc after installing the new drivers ).

Tried turning off AA from &#39;application controlled&#39; to &#39;off all time&#39; but still no luck

I tried creative again and heres a weird thing, when I registerd my Creative products (sound card and gfx card) the web site found them installed on my system, but when I tried thier &#39;auto driver update&#39; function (it searches for creative products on your system and lists all driver updates) it could only find the sound card and not the gfx card, wtf?
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Barton Athlon XP2500, 512Mb DDR RAM, Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, Win XP</span></span>