Thread: File Association

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Does anyone know how to change files associations in win Xp pro, I've installed norton antivirus a while ago and reverted back to avg but now for some reason all my bin files show up as avg update files
    Hey while I'm here I night be able to kill two birds with 1 stone does any1 know if there's someway of making nero 6 handle mds. or mdf. files..

Any help will do. :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Right click > Open With... > Choose Program > Tick Always Use The Selected Program with this type of file.

If the program you want is not there, browse to where you installed the program and select the .exe file.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah I did that the file still opens with nero and has a nero icon it just says under it avg update file instead of bin, bit weird maybe time for a reformat theres a lot of stuu going on like that lateley.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    go to control panel > folder options > click on the file types tab. delete the BIN extension in the list to deassociate it with avg

to associate mdf/mds with avg search for it in the list [if not there add a new extension] choose the advanced options of the mds/mdf extension, there u can add new actions or edit action, eg. Open

edit. you may need to restart for some changes to take effect
    SP

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@14 April 2004 - 00:16
    Right click > Open With... > Choose Program > Tick Always Use The Selected Program with this type of file.

If the program you want is not there, browse to where you installed the program and select the .exe file.
    That should work.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    normally thts does work but ive had experience where it doesnt work and windows will be stubborn n not change the association (im guessing thts what happened with keyser_soze). so i use the method i posted, so it will definately work, n im sure it will work for keyser_sozer
    SP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cheers changing the file association thing worked with my bin files Btw I could change the mdf and mds files to open with nero I was just wondering if nero can handle and burn mds mdf files?