Thread: Lame Installation?

I have just downloaded the lame mp3 tool but Im having trouble getting it installed, the readme file says I need to download glib-dev-VERSION.zip and gtk+-dev-VERSION.zip and extralibs-dev-VERSION.zip....

does anyone know what these are???

laymans terms please!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by Leviathan@15 April 2004 - 12:30
    I have just downloaded the lame mp3 tool but Im having trouble getting it installed, the readme file says I need to download glib-dev-VERSION.zip and gtk+-dev-VERSION.zip and extralibs-dev-VERSION.zip....

does anyone know what these are??? 

laymans terms please!
    Lame, how do you know its lame if you aint tried it

did you get your version HERE, try it and if it doesnt work see HERE for details on one bug that existed.

or just download this one MP3 Shield unzip it to a clean directory, then run test.exe, it should work fine.

and keep the lame crap to yourself, people are doing a lot of work here to help your sorry ass

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Yo ma brotha!! u secure that attitude u dig ??

Lame is meant to be an mp3 encoder, but the installation is so complicated that its now in the trash can...I want things simple and easy got no time to waste fcking arround downloading different files...there should just be a simple exe file that does everything for you...but there isnt in this case.

I shall endeavour to find a suitable alternative

Thanks anyway

may your path be covered with riches, fame and fortune...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    attitude secured bro, it's my frigging reading skills i need to work on, sincere apologies , may you path be covered with more than mine

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    You are downloading the wrong files. Those are source code. You need the binary.

Go here:

http://mitiok.cjb.net/

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    hya man

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    hey at least he picked the right source packages to install now all he needs is a c compiler and he is good to go.