Thread: Win Media Player 9 - Winxp Home Question

I installed media player 9 on WinXP Home, and it works just fine.

I remember that older versions of Media player(7, I think), you could view in Full screen without the annoying control panel sliding up and down every time the mouse is moved.

My mouse is very sensitive, and the slightest vibration gets the control panel up;

Is there a registry hack, or something, that I can do to get Media player 9 to go to full screen without the control panel(just the movie) - or even better, a key to Dis/Enable the control panel?

Thanks.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    get Media Player Classic

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@15 April 2004 - 16:36
    get Media Player Classic
    What's so good about it? Can it do what I wanted? it seems like a step down to me(it's based on Windows Media Player 6.4?).

Is it just faster, because WMP 9 starts in a second for me - which is fast enough.

Plus there is the fact that I don't really want o have to remove WMP from my system.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Never nind found the option in performance>advanced for full screen with no controls. Also found that you could turn off overlay mode, so you can screen capture from WM9.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Retired
    Media Player Classic is similar to Windows Media Player 6.4 but with features pertained to minimalist advanced users. It also supports DirectX 9 and VFW drivers for capture. It supports viewing through ActiveX controls of Real and QuickTime files.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1045531002