Thread: Ebay Scam - Can It Be Done?

If i put something up for sale and its not selling as well as i would like could i get a friend to bid for it to push the price up, and hopefullly someone will over bid them becuase they want it loads. However if my friend wins does ebay (uk) make sure that we exchange the money and gifts?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Just cancel the auction if it's not selling.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@15 April 2004 - 19:31
    If i put something up for sale and its not selling as well as i would like could i get a friend to bid for it to push the price up, and hopefullly someone will over bid them becuase they want it loads. However if my friend wins does ebay (uk) make sure that we exchange the money and gifts?

I don't think they care, as long as they get their cut.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+15 April 2004 - 18:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 15 April 2004 - 18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@15 April 2004 - 19:31

I don&#39;t think they care, as long as they get their cut. [/b][/quote]
    yeah so if my friend wins it i pay what 10% but i might make an extra £25 or something, sounds good to me

EDIT

Just cancel the auction if it&#39;s not selling.
    No, i mean if its been bidded for like 22 times and everyones stopped bidding at say £45 i can get my friend to jump in and put a £50 bid and then the person who was winning it will pay higher, you can&#39;t cancel if its been bid for i don&#39;t think.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@15 April 2004 - 13:41
    No, i mean if its been bidded for like 22 times and everyones stopped bidding at say £45 i can get my friend to jump in and put a £50 bid and then the person who was winning it will pay higher, you can&#39;t cancel if its been bid for i don&#39;t think.
    But what if no one bids on it after your buddy does?
    Then you&#39;re kinda stuck payin extra money for nothing.

There&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;team&#39;. But then there&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;useless smug colleague&#39;, either.
    And there&#39;s four in &#39;platitude-quoting idiot&#39;. Go figure.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    it&#39;s called Shill Bidding. you&#39;re not scamming eBay, you&#39;re scamming a regular person who&#39;s gullible enough to bid on your crap.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/shillBidding.html

eBay says to have a little self-respect and don&#39;t pull shill bid scams.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@15 April 2004 - 12:34
    it&#39;s called Shill Bidding. you&#39;re not scamming eBay, you&#39;re scamming a regular person who&#39;s gullible enough to bid on your crap.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/shillBidding.html

eBay says to have a little self-respect and don&#39;t pull shill bid scams.
    It&#39;s ok if ebay doesnt catch u
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it&#33;