Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oc Temps

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cenobite@18 April 2004 - 14:08
    Woohooo! Stripped everything down and cleaned it out, moved a few things round to get a better airflow and... Mobo 27°C, CPU 52°C - I still think that is too warm compared to some of your temps but it's a start
    ya its probably a heatsync problem. could have bad contact...i think you should try the arctic silver 5 and heatsync idea to see what ur temps do...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Your mobo is looking better Well done, I think it's about time I cleaned my case out.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Okay guys one last question (sorry to the original poster - didn't mean to hijack your thread ) - is it better to have the cpu fan blowing onto the heatsink or to have it drawing heat off the heatsink? TIA
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Barton Athlon XP2500, 512Mb DDR RAM, Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, Win XP</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Most heatsinks are designed...and operate more efficiently...when the fan is blowing into them.
    It wouldn&#39;t kill you to try it the other way, but chances are you&#39;ll just switch back.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    wow - possibly the biggest topic i created

anyway, I took the advice from here and cleaned out my pc - wow, scary how much crap there was. this gave me marginally better results, so then i went full hog and bought myself 2 cheap 80mm fans...ive got one exhaust at the back and one at the front as an intake.

the one at the front wants to be in right cos i couldnt get into the crappy panelling on the front to screw it in, so i had to glue it - lol, blue peter engineering for ya.

anyhow, after my first OC, i was running @:
    30°C MB
    40°C CPU idle
    50°C CPU load (prime 95 torture)

all at 110fsb, 20x mult, 1.5 vcore. = 2200MHz (oced from 2000)

then i added the 2 fans and Im now running @ 2200 @:
    25°C MB
    40°C CPU idle
    42°C CPU load.

I&#39;m pretty happy with these numbers, so after some more stability testing, I&#39;m increasing the clock again.

oh, and ive seen an amazing 120mm fan, which would go nicely at the side - just need to borrow my mates dremel...
    <insert signature here>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123