Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I Disable Kazaalite Update Pop Up?

After a nasty bought with malware and spyware I recently removed all of my software that contained any spyware ie Kazaa. I could not find a free PSP that was as fast or as easy as Kazaa after attempting to use WINMIX, Shareaza etc. Another PSP message board told me about a link to a cracked version of Kazaa Lite for free.I did not check any of the add ons when I installed Kazaa Lite since I did not know what they were anyway. Whenever I load Kazaa lite a pop up window asks me if I want to dowload the most recent version of Kazaa. Am I correct in assuming that if I update my Kazaa Lite, I would be subjected to having to pay for it? If that is so I want to know if I can disable the Kazaa Lite update pop up? I also want to make sure my settings are the best for optimum download performance.Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    which version do you have bro. The best one to use is (I think) is a clean 2.4.3 which you can get HERE.

download a clean 2.4.3 version, or indeed a 2.6 version, your prob best with the 2.4.3 for now since 2.6 is still a test build. Run a good spyware prog or two, adaware, spysweeper or spybot should do the trick, you can get spybot from my link below, and start afresh. dont update anything from the web, and dont pay anyone jack shit for p2p software.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hello If I download Kazaa Lite V 2.6 which add ons should I uncheck? I don't want to add any spyware.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by fictional_man@15 April 2004 - 21:13
    Hello If I download Kazaa Lite V 2.6 which add ons should I uncheck? I don't want to add any spyware.
    Kazaa lite doesn't contain spyware
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    But what are those add ons that appear in the installion menu?

What are the following:

AVI Preview
    Banned IP RANGER
    K Supernodes
    KaNat
    KDav
    K Sig
    MP3 Shield2
    Install Block
    Clear AD Block Before Installing
    Clear Ad Block after installing
    Enable XP Hook
    Update Block list
    Disable Supernode function
    Install KMD without spyware

Add Fastrack to list of favorites
    Add Dev/Support to list of favorites

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    erm they are k-lite tools bro, not spyware, they are there to help you, your getting paranoid. like I said it's still a test build, and you might be better with 2.4.3, but give it a go, any probs just check back here and someone will help ya. if you use the 2.6, the help forum for that is on my sig below. have fun

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    you bet i'm paraniod. I suffered from a very bad coollware malware that took me 3 days to uninstall. Thanks fro being out their bro peace.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    no worries bro, lets know how you get on

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by fictional_man@15 April 2004 - 22:33
    But what are those add ons that appear in the installion menu?

What are the following:

AVI Preview
    Banned IP RANGER
    K Supernodes
    KaNat
    KDav
    K Sig
    MP3 Shield2
    Install Block
    Clear AD Block Before Installing
    Clear Ad Block after installing
    Enable XP Hook
    Update Block list
    Disable Supernode function
    Install KMD without spyware

Add Fastrack to list of favorites
    Add Dev/Support to list of favorites
    you should check 'Install KMD without spyware', and any other tools that you want.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Hello

your other message board won't let me post

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

Post Data Saved!

The following post data has been saved. In some cases, using your browser's back button will empty out form fields which results in the loss of any typed and unsaved material. You may select all of the text area below and copy before hitting back.
    It's not working.
    http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/develop...rums/index.php?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast