Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Cpu + Mobo Problem Exposed!

James says:
    i opened up speed fan and the vcore has gone down by 0.02 since i last opened it about 2 mins ago
    James says:
    its now 1.47
    -| Did you hear about the shoe factory that burnt down? two hundred soles were lost.|- says:
    really?
    James says:
    yeah
    -| Did you hear about the shoe factory that burnt down? two hundred soles were lost.|- says:
    monitor it and see if it goes donw more after opening folding@home
    could be whats causing teh problems, sorta...
    James says:
    all iv done is close cone IE box and opened G@H4
    James says:
    *F@H
    ok
    keep watching it and see how low it goes before it freezes
    and remember the number
    James says:
    yeah will do
    ok
    James says:
    vcore 2 has just gone down
    James says:
    it was 2.5
    i think we may be on to something
    James says:
    it just went down to 2.48
    James says:
    now its back up
    James says:
    should they be moving at all?
    i dont know what vcore 2 is anyway
    not really, but yeah lol, not really sure...
    James says:
    vcore2 down to 2.46
    James says:
    now back up
    James says:
    tis si some wierd shit
    yup
    whats vcore at now?
    James says:
    1 is at 1.47
    2 is back up at 2.50

James says:
    +3.3V is moving around alot as well
    Ignore my crap spelling and focus on how my voltages are going all over the place, are they even spose to be moving?

Summary

Vcore1: Started at 1.49 and has moved down to 1.47 over the course of 10minutes, it should be 1.50

Vcore2: Was 2.50 has een moving between 2.50 and 2.48 for about 10minutes, changing every one minute.

BOLD=INFO

:helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm no expert. But I don't think those variances are bad. If anything I think it's refelective of your PSU not your CPU or mobo. Cause not knowing you from Adam, I'd guess you have top quality CPU & mobo, but a cheap no name PSU. Hell I basically think all PSU's are pos except Antec and maybe 1 or 2 others. But not really all other PSU's imo are pos. Most people get cheap shit PSU. And they're suprized when they don't get the full life expectanecy of their hardware. Most people I know who don't want to chase hardware problems on their own system at least, choose to start with an Antec PSU. I tell people you can save $40 or you can get two or more years out of your hardware.

But I could be wrong you could already have an Antec PSU.

But this still applies to those that don't.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i dont think the voltages should be changing, unless CPU is needing more power and your system is doing it by itself. If not that it will proberly be your psu

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    everyone thinks its the psu..
    James says:
    it was doing the same on my older but still brand new last september 350watt PSU
    hmm
    must be a problem with the motherboard then i guess
    it hasnt froze yet?
    how hot is the air coming out of the psu?
    James says:
    median
    James says:
    i can feel that its warm
    And its a 400watt £45 one which is about $75

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@15 April 2004 - 20:29
    everyone thinks its the psu..
    James says:
    it was doing the same on my older but still brand new last september 350watt PSU
    hmm
    must be a problem with the motherboard then i guess
    it hasnt froze yet?
    how hot is the air coming out of the psu?
    James says:
    median
    James says:
    i can feel that its warm
    And its a 400watt £45 one which is about $75
    why u keep quoting our coversations? lol.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It doesn't matter if your PSU is 550watt & costs $150.

If it's not an Antec it could very well be the problem.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by zapjb@15 April 2004 - 21:33
    It doesn't matter if your PSU is 550watt & costs $150.

antec isnt the only good manufacturer

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by zapjb@15 April 2004 - 22:33

You work for Antec or something?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    No I wish I worked for Antec.

Do what you want.

And name your brand of PSU.

Antec is better than virtually any other brands of PSU.

Inferior PSU's kill hardware. Again I say, do what you want.

L8r

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    The point was that it was doing it on my PSU that came with my PC 2 years ago and i got it switched over for a different brand brand new one and it just caried on. A good thing is that i had F@H on all last night and my pc use to cut out aafter 30minutes of that.

@ROSSCO_2004 - because it was like 2 in the morning and i aint typing it all out again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast