Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abit's New Supermobos

*Grunt*
    Still doesnt include SCSI

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Neo 721@17 April 2004 - 13:31
    Still doesnt include SCSI 
    SCSI is too expensive to be widespread as yet.

EDIT: And what is wrong with a controller card?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    They sure have thought about the layout. Nice way to mount the IDE & floppy ports so your cables are out of the way, wider tracks to dissipate heat & a fan that moves air across the board which should help as well.
    I'm not too sure about 7.1 sound, though; what are we heading toward with it, a cinema in your front room? A gimmick, I'd say. If they carry on in this vein we'll be buying speaker banks that stretch along the wall.

SCSI? I doubt it's ever gonna be popular enough in-home to warrant implementation in lower & mid range boards due to SATA.

The girl on the left doesn't look too bad to me B) . Perhaps my sights are set a little lower than you youngsters' but they're almost definitely more realistic - I wouldn't have a chance with either!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    how come on the first board, it appears that theyve only put ONE ide port on the, yet they put a floppy ide port on it

my thinking for a few seconds was maybe because of sata their idea is to only have one ide port for the cd drive, and have sata for hard drives. BUT WHY A FLOPPY DRIVE!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 10:51
    how come on the first board, it appears that theyve only put ONE ide port on the, yet they put a floppy ide port on it

my thinking for a few seconds was maybe because of sata their idea is to only have one ide port for the cd drive, and have sata for hard drives. BUT WHY A FLOPPY DRIVE!
    the floppy will never die

mwahahahahaha!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+17 April 2004 - 20:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 17 April 2004 - 20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 10:51

my thinking for a few seconds was maybe because of sata their idea is to only have one ide port for the cd drive, and have sata for hard drives. BUT WHY A FLOPPY DRIVE&#33;
    the floppy will never die

mwahahahahaha&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    the floppy drive is dead to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12