Thread: Flash Questions

I've got FlashMX pro 2004, but I can't use the damn thing

All I want to do is replace the background image on a flash movie banner with one of my own, but I can't figure out where to do it. If I open up the .fla movie file, I get the items that make up the film listed, and I can make them appear, disappear, play, rewind and all that. I've tried adding a 'folder', then pasting the image I want to use into the stage area (?) but it doesn't show up.

Anybody got any pointers for me, or a good tutorial on editing flash movies, please? This thing's driving me crazy now

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Well don't all rush at once

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    lol, get a book on flash and learn it mate

the background will be embedded , in the objects library and coded to apear within a script handler

without seeing the scripts or the file, no one could even guess where it was , as we all coded up differently

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Originally posted by delphin460@17 April 2004 - 21:36
    lol, get a book on flash and learn it mate

the background will be embedded , in the objects library and coded to apear within a script handler

without seeing the scripts or the file, no one could even guess where it was , as we all coded up differently
    I can decompile it, using Liatro SWF decoder catch, and I can find the background ready to replace it, but I've got no idea how to assemble it all back into a movie. Likewise I can open the movie in FlashMX and find it, but I haven't sussed how to replace it.

All it is, is a Flash Website template from neon.cd - the washover effects are cool, but the background image isn't. I like everything else about it, like the buttons and the sounds, and all the rest of it, it's just that crappy BGimage

Guess I'll have to try and track down a book then I was just hoping there would be some good tutorials somewhere out there (the Macromedia help files are too disjointed to be of any use to me)

Thanks for the reply anyway, delphin

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    i know flash mx like the back of my hand.. u can check my animations on LINK anyways to replace the back of wateva the banner ur talking about well...you could use SOTHINK SWF DECOMPILER which will open up the .swf's libaray but u still cant REPLACE the back unless u make the banner yourself..wait look .. send me the banner ur want and the BG and i'll see wat i can do for ya..

[email protected] .. add me to msn to talk