Thread: Playlists

copshateme
    whenever i make a new playlist, that i put my own music in...kazaa tends to start making those songs unavailable on my playlist because it wants to find it's own file of that song...how do I stop this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by copshateme@17 April 2004 - 01:46
    whenever i make a new playlist, that i put my own music in...kazaa tends to start making those songs unavailable on my playlist because it wants to find it's own file of that song...how do I stop this?
    i dont understand...but dont make playlists in kazaa, just make them in your default media player

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    The new layout is so confusing, even mods can't move topics to the correct forum.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by copshateme@16 April 2004 - 20:46
    KaZaA uses windows media player to run the theater

Windows Media Player version 9 (with all it's DRM goodness) "phones home" everytime you play a file, and "updates" the files info stored inside it, thereby changing the files checksum hash, making it, in effect, a different file according to kazaa.

In Windows Media Player 9 go to "Tools>Options>Media Library" and UNcheck Update my music files (WMA and MP3 files) by retrieving missing media information from the internet.