Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sygate Personal Firewall Pro Probelem0

Poster
    I have sygate personal firewall pro installed in my comp., which is getting disabled everytime I start the internet connection. I never had this problem b4. I tried to reinstall the app. , but that was very useless. I think it is someone disabling it somehow.
    I scan with my anti-virus almost everyday and I update the virus definition as well.
    I installed another firewall (Agnitum outpost pro) and sygate did not get disabled, though it is not good to have 2 firewalls installed at the same time, so I deinstalled Outpost after testing. I also enabled windows Xp's firewall, which did not help, because my firewall is still terminates unexpectedly.
    I'm the adminstartor of the computer and the one who uses it the most
    ADSL connection
    running windows xp pro ATM (with no spacks), but installed almost every patch from micro.
    I checked with spy bot, adware and more progs of my OWN, but nothing was found
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Didn&#39;t help, I read them yesterday, but no luck
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by supersonic@17 April 2004 - 03:21
    Didn&#39;t help, I read them yesterday, but no luck
    i searched everywhere...cant find anything

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I&#39;ve heard of this happening with Sygate Pro if it&#39;s regged, kg&#39;d or otherwise pirated.

I&#39;d suggest trying a through registry cleaning of all currently or previously installed firewalls. Being sure you&#39;re not connected to the net. Then install the freeware Sygate.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@17 April 2004 - 09:04
    I&#39;ve heard of this happening with Sygate Pro if it&#39;s regged, kg&#39;d or otherwise pirated.

I&#39;d suggest trying a through registry cleaning of all currently or previously installed firewalls. Being sure you&#39;re not connected to the net. Then install the freeware Sygate.
    I did that b4 I post, the same results though.
    That also happened after I installed some IE updates from MS,
    could that...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by supersonic@17 April 2004 - 05:12
    That also happened after I installed some IE updates from MS,
    could that...
    nah not ie updates, are you browsing the net with IE, then it turns of or whatever? .

all i can think of is maybe an update that you installed for sygate, had like &#39;crack protection&#39; or something and doesnt allow cracked versions to work. , bu since you said it did the same thing with the free version....compatilbility issue?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    May be it is a compatibility issue.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    what you might try is-

unistall sygate, delete program folder, download &#39;regcleaner&#39;,delete all registry entries made by sygate.

reinstall sygate but onyl download new definitons, not software updates(sometimes a problem with cracked software).

if that doesnt work download Zonealarm

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Are deleting all these firewalls from your Explorer (windows explorer not IE) tree?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast