Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rantissi Critically Wounded In Israeli Air Strike

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    GAZA (Reuters) - The leader of the Hamas militant group, Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi, was critically wounded* on Saturday after Israeli helicopters fired two missiles at his car in Gaza, killing two of his bodyguards and a third Palestinian.
    Hundreds of Hamas members and supporters flooded the Gaza City hospital shortly after he was rushed in. The attack occurred hours after a Palestinian suicide bomber killed an Israeli border policeman at the Erez border crossing in Gaza.

Israel killed the Hamas spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin last month and has sworn to target Rantissi and all the group's leaders.
    *According to reports here he was actually killed.

Source

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by SeK612@17 April 2004 - 16:12
    *According to reports here he was actually killed.
    Hopefully
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Officially dead. Good riddance.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Hmm. Also in the reports was the fact that the crowds gathering were pledging their allegiance to Hamas and swearing revenge. Can't see how this is helping either side...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by SeK612@17 April 2004 - 20:28
    Hmm. Also in the reports was the fact that the crowds gathering were pledging their allegiance to Hamas and swearing revenge. Can't see how this is helping either side...
    They will always swear revenge.

Hamas vows to continue bombings until Israel no longer exists. Big difference from the PA which (publically) accepts Israel as a country.

It's impossible to negotiate with someone who doesn't recognize your right to live. People always say that suicide bombings will only increase as Hamas leaders are targetted but (as shown in other threads), they've only gone down in number as more terrorist leaders have been killed. If you kill the brains, there may be more attempts but the execution sucks. They used to take months to indoctrinate suicide bombers, now they pull kids off the street to do it.

No question, bombers will get through. But long term peace looks much better without people like Yassin and Rantissi.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Let's see.

Hamas is a terrorist organization.

Rantissi is/was a spiritual leader of Hamas.

Funny; if one of these Islamic fundamentalists dies for the cause, he is considered martyred, and supposedly goes on to enjoy the company of an inexhaustable supply of virgins, or some such.

And now Hamas and their Palestinian supporters are upset because he's with Allah getting laid?

Sounds like a winner both ways, to me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    UK Gov (Jack Straw) condemned and said it was an illegal act. He also said it was counter productive.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    True, I'd be happy for the guy! I mean, 72 (&#33 virgins. To be honest, I'd prefer a few girls with some experience thrown in. I mean, virgins are nice and all, but it must get tiring to have to teach 72 women what to do.

Put me down for 50 virgins and 22 sluts.

Anyways, now the Hamas supporters will bomb Jewish schools while kids are in class instead of waiting for them to leave for the day, like last week in Montreal.

Yeah, we should cater to these people.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by SeK612@17 April 2004 - 16:28
    This reminds me of things that happen on the street.

Two gangs at war:

A Crips member tries to kill a member of the Bloods and has been killing Bloods constantly. The Blood kills the Crip. The Crips vow revenge.

The revenge can be summed up with a "SO WHAT".

---------

I think Palestine supports Hamas.
    Think about it. It lets them of the hook as a nation in the eyes of the world for suicide bombings. While Israel is looked at as despicable for their "assassinations" in response to the bombings.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast