Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Way To Make A Homemade Add-on To A Vga Cooler?

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    ill OC my cpu l8r (im running an SFF so its sorta hard to do ) but is there any homemade thing i can create or anything i can use that will increase my scores? (other than a new fan)

im getting into a benchie dragrace with my friends and so 1 idea was to chill the temps where i live into the 50s... would that work? im desparate for ideas as ive come pretty close to maxing out the scores on my 5700u

would hanging icepacks insode my comp help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25
    ill OC my cpu l8r (im running an SFF so its sorta hard to do ) but is there any homemade thing i can create or anything i can use that will increase my scores? (other than a new fan)

im getting into a benchie dragrace with my friends and so 1 idea was to chill the temps where i live into the 50s... would that work? im desparate for ideas as ive come pretty close to maxing out the scores on my 5700u

take everything out of the case and just sit it on the floor or something, have a few fans blowing onto the mobo, cpu and vid card. then oc as much as u can. then run benchy, once youve finished put it all back in the case.

and by fans, i mean big fans, not computer fans.

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 April 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 April 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@17 April 2004 - 22:25

take everything out of the case and just sit it on the floor or something, have a few fans blowing onto the mobo, cpu and vid card. then oc as much as u can. then run benchy, once youve finished put it all back in the case.

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff [/b][/quote]
    not ice&#33;

icepacks&#33; the ice substitutes that come in a leak-proof bag or sealed container.

the things u leave in the freezer for an hour and stays cold for 3 or 4.

lol good idea tho. ill open the windows of my SFF and ill direct a shitload of big household fans at them lol that should work

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+17 April 2004 - 22:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia &#064; 17 April 2004 - 22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 22:30
    <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia
    @17 April 2004 - 22:25

and dont try hanging ice, it will just melt and fry stuff
    not ice&#33;

icepacks&#33; the ice substitutes that come in a leak-proof bag or sealed container.

the things u leave in the freezer for an hour and stays cold for 3 or 4.

lol good idea tho. ill open the windows of my SFF and ill direct a shitload of big household fans at them lol that should work [/b][/quote]
    no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflow like that.

and at the ice thing, sorry i didnt read it right, but those ice packs still form a bit of water around them...they sweat...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED

replace ur window with a wall of fans some blowing in some blowing out.
    cool ur pc down like hell i was thinking about doing this but gave up

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 21:45

no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflop like that.

Yeppers, I agree with that that.

Nothing like an excess of floppy air to get those test results higher...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker+17 April 2004 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 April 2004 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@17 April 2004 - 21:45

no i mean to actually take the motherboard and stuff OUT of the case, it gets good airflop like that.

Yeppers, I agree with that that.

Nothing like an excess of floppy air to get those test results higher... [/b][/quote]
    lolol, i gotta fix that lol...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I leave me pc open and get about 5 degrees C cooler. 7 or 8 at night.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    the prob. is.... this is an sff system. i cant takt the mobo out

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia@18 April 2004 - 08:54
    the prob. is.... this is an sff system. i cant takt the mobo out
    it doesnt come out at all?

i really gotta learn more about these sff systems, i know nothing about them lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast