Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Problem

ok let me explain.
    downloading a movie
    download stops very close to finish.
    so i surf arround and find another tracker/torrentfile of the exact same movie but with a different torrent filename from a different website so that i can eventually detect some online trackers and complete the almost complete download.
    my dilemma is this: HOW DO CONTINUE downloading this file from where i left off from after the tracker went down (displaying black led light) USING the new torrent file i found from another website?

OR to put it another way: HOW can i get the NEW torrentfile ( of the exact same movie of same size and format) to recognise the unfinished partially downloaded file bearing in mind i am using TorrentStorm 1.2.

Please help me overcome this stupid problem. its really simple to understand but im really crap at explaing it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Not sure how that app works. With ABC I can point the torrent to the same download location. So add torrent as if it was new and it may pick up the existing file. I am just guessing though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hi,

The file as to be the same, same name, same size, etc.

When you find a new torrent file for the same movie, point it to the directory you store it in and it will check existing data and pick up where you lefted off. Make sure its the same exact file, or it might erase your data already in there.

If you get stuck at 99percent that is a whole different story.
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    what happens is a a whole new folder gets created but the arrangment inside both the old and new folder is exactcly the same ( same size[1.39gb], same number of files and folders, same type of files[winRAR archive])

like i said the new torrent has a diffent name and also the name of the folder that gets created is diferent like so:

old: The.Last.Samurai.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS_[bt-gm]_[EFnet]
    new: 03.18.04.The.Last.Samurai.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS

edit: the only thing i could find different was that the new torrent does not contain a weblink imdb page within its subfolders but the old torrent does.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Originally posted by vegasguy@18 April 2004 - 08:00
    Hi,

The file as to be the same, same name, same size, etc.

When you find a new torrent file for the same movie, point it to the directory you store it in and it will check existing data and pick up where you lefted off. Make sure its the same exact file, or it might erase your data already in there.

If you get stuck at 99percent that is a whole different story.
    Thats right. open your torrent just like any other and save it to the same folder or file that the last 1 was saved to . It should check the file and contue with the download...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    If it creates a new folder but the rar files inside are the same, just copy the rar files out of the old folder into the new one then restart the (new) torrent.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ^^ forget that Benno. thats too much work and u could end up corrupting the files or make mistakes and miss one or two out.

I HAVE MANAGED TO GET IT GOING AGAIN. I CANT F***ING BELIEVE IT. I WENT TO http://bt4.eastgame.net/. found the corect torrent file ( u will notice 2/3 different versions of this movie available for download. get the one that matches ur current download. the torrent may not have the same name as ur previous torrent but if u check for similarities such as size number of files and types of files etc etc then u should be ok)

for a more detaild explanation and solution click here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=980235

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@18 April 2004 - 17:52
    ^^ forget that Benno. thats too much work and u could end up corrupting the files or make mistakes and miss one or two out.
    how is that much work?
    You just copy a few files to another folder. Basically its the same as you described how you solved it in your other post.
    The only difference is that you renamed the folder while I copied the files.

Oh and I did this plenty of times and never got a corrupted file

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    if it was a case of just 1 or 2 files then it would be simple but im talking about over 100 seperate rar files ( archive). that *for me* is handfull to look through. AND that is why renaming the folder to help the new torrent detect that folder would be a lot less hassle. ( i guess its a case of each to their own and i admit ur probably more of an expert then i am so i guess we are both right)

EDIT:
    ive jst read ur last post over agian because i think i misunderstood what u were saying.
    What u meant was copy the files over and when windows asks u whether u want to overwrite these files, u say yes to all. RIGHT???
    If so then yeah that would work also but i still feel my way is all to safer as there is less of chance of files getting corrupt in trasfer.agree?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@18 April 2004 - 18:24

What u meant was copy the files over and when windows asks u whether u want to overwrite these files, u say yes to all. RIGHT???
    Yes thats what I meant

But in the end both comes out the same way.
    I just rather have a backup copy of the rar files in case the download isnt exact the same because then BT would corrupt the rar files.

If so then yeah that would work also but i still feel my way is all to safer as there is less of chance of files getting corrupt in trasfer.agree?
    If windows corrupts files while copying them between two folders, you have a serious computer problem. So that shouldnt happen.

After all its the result that counts, if it worked for you it doesnt really matter how you did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast