Thread: Real Alternative

I have installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.00 with Real Alternative along with Quick Time Aleternative.

Before I had installed Real ONE Player + which was able to play streming on di.fm (Winamp streaming) and now it does not work anymore.

So before installing the Mega Codec Pack, I have uninstall all other codecs I had (Real, Quick Time, DivX, xDiv) to have the latest codecs installed only. Everything works awsome besides the winamp streaming and DTS passthrough on SPDIF (but this is another story). I like this pack very much.

Thing is I don't want to have like 6 media player installed on my machine so this is the power of K-Lite Packs. This has been resume to 3 players (much better) so is there a way I can listen to winamp streaming besides installing winamp or real1 ?

Is there something I forgot to check during the installation of the codec pack ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just get Winamp 2.9x
    It small and ideal for streaming mp3.

The codec packs are mostly for movies.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Just had some pepper'd mackkerel fillets ...nice m8

anyway mornin

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ck-uk@19 April 2004 - 06:30
    Just had some pepper'd mackkerel fillets ...nice m8

anyway mornin
    I'm sure I'm not the ony one who read this and thought "What the fuck are you talking about"?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Error403@19 April 2004 - 07:01
    Just get Winamp 2.9x
    It small and ideal for streaming mp3.

The codec packs are mostly for movies.
    The file that is beeing streamed are .pls like in this link.

Maybe I was not clear about the media being streamed. If .pls are streamed mp3, then stop reading !

It's just that DI sends better quality audio (96kbps) in this format and the WindowsMedia format found on DI (.asx) is limited at 56kbps.

Thanks for the tip on the v.2.9x. It's just that I thaught it would have run in the Real Alternative player since it worked before with Real ONE player and I want to install the minimum media players on my system.

:music1:

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by 4th gen+19 April 2004 - 07:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 19 April 2004 - 07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@19 April 2004 - 06:30
    Just had some pepper&#39;d mackkerel fillets ...nice m8

anyway mornin
    I&#39;m sure I&#39;m not the ony one who read this and thought "What the fuck are you talking about"? [/b][/quote]

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Alesis@19 April 2004 - 09:00
    The file that is beeing streamed are .pls like in this link.

Maybe I was not clear about the media being streamed. If .pls are streamed mp3, then stop reading &#33;

It&#39;s just that DI sends better quality audio (96kbps) in this format and the WindowsMedia format found on DI (.asx) is limited at 56kbps.

Thanks for the tip on the v.2.9x. It&#39;s just that I thaught it would have run in the Real Alternative player since it worked before with Real ONE player and I want to install the minimum media players on my system.

:music1:
    .pls is a playlist file (just like .asx)
    the stream itself is MP3

Media Player Classic can play mp3, but version 6.4.8.2 doesn&#39;t seem to handle .pls files correctly. It&#39;s a bug in the program. It will hopefully be fixed soon. MPC 6.4.7.5 does work with .pls.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    if you open that .pls file with notepad and copy the last url you can play it in winamp, mpc, streamripper or just about any player