Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless P2p Help.....argh :(

Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Are you saying that you do not know how to change the incoming port?

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I used the ports 6557-6699 and left them enabled to UDP and TCP or w/e the names of those are, then used that in the firewall section of Kazaa Lite and Kanat. Still nothing. I use port 6699, nothing whatsoever of a change.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    1) Turn off all firewalls (xp and others)
    2) Forward A port
    3) Restart Your Computer
    4)Input that port in kazaa (...settings>firewall)
    5) Restart Kazaa
    6) Turn on Kanat
    7) download a file which has MANY users online (You don&#39;t have to download the whole file because you&#39;re just checking for speeds)
    Hope this helps

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Nothing

Im thinking maybe because of the built in NAT firewall in the router?

Someone also mentioned a DMZ host on another forum, but I do not see what would do.

Also, I know theres a place on my actual computer that you can right click on something about the internet and enable TCP/UDP stuff, I forget where that is, and did you have to do anything like that, if so do you know what settings you have yours on? Thanks

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Hey are you sure that you did the port forwarding correctly? AND you only use one port for kazaa, not a whole range of them. AND are you sure you are using KaNAT correctly. If you tried all this and it still doesn&#39;t work, i suggest you try another network. I had the same problem as you, but it was resolved with port forwarding and KaNAT. Good Luck

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    The way my port forwarding works is that it says for a range.

Like it will give me two boxes

------- to------- so would I just put the two same numbers in both? The site says its open, but still nothing. Im thinking I might need to enable that tcp udp thing on my computer in the settings somewhere, dont know where though, I know every XP has it though. Argh.

Thanks for all your help though, I really appreciate it&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Did you go to "virtual server" to forward your port?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Uh...where do I do that? :helpsmile:

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Ahh? :helpsmile:

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Also, do you have a specific port to open, and not just a random one like I picked?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12