Thread: Wtf?

BANNED
    hi guys,

I need some help. I just got on my computer and went to iso hunt to find some stuff. When I got there I don't remember what I did, but then a popup came up and my firewall went nuts saying blah is connectiong and there was a ton of weird programs, so I said no to all of em. When I looked at my desktop there was all these stupid installer progs, so thinking it was spyware I ran spybot and ad-aware -nothing. I did go on a couple irc channels to dl stuff but never clicked on any links, and all the files were legit. What is going on?

btw, I got a popup to some place on mozzila, and my firewall blocked a prog (on my comp) from connecting to the net

thx guys :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    hi,
    you can download hijack this here.

extract the program into it's own folder, then save a log. copy/paste the contents here. or if you want in a help forum, eg. computer cops, spywareinfo, netintegration, etc.

DO NOT try to fix things without advice though.

good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by bulio@18 April 2004 - 23:14
    hi guys,

I need some help. I just got on my computer and went to iso hunt to find some stuff. When I got there I don't remember what I did, but then a popup came up and my firewall went nuts saying blah is connectiong and there was a ton of weird programs, so I said no to all of em. When I looked at my desktop there was all these stupid installer progs, so thinking it was spyware I ran spybot and ad-aware -nothing. I did go on a couple irc channels to dl stuff but never clicked on any links, and all the files were legit. What is going on?

btw, I got a popup to some place on mozzila, and my firewall blocked a prog (on my comp) from connecting to the net

thx guys :helpsmile:
    delete the installers and un-cookie yourself..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Use system restore to take the system back to when you made the changes.

I think you may have installed some app either throught an executable or activex. System restore will get rid of the changes.
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i thought shit like this doesnt happen when using linux ? or aint ya usin linux ?
    Open your mind

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nanotek@19 April 2004 - 19:44
    i thought shit like this doesnt happen when using linux ? or aint ya usin linux ?
    I have a linux parition and a windows one, I was dling software that cannot be run with Linux