Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'my Shared Folder' Is Missing

Hi,

I've just downloaded K-Lite and when i download something it puts the file in the K-Lite folder. Basically, there's no 'My Shared Folder' where its supposed to put the files. There was a way of changing the location in the previous one but i can't remember how i did it. Does anybody know how i did it?!?

Hope u guys can help

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    options/klite options/''traffic'' tab

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hmmm...I haven't got a 'KLite Options' Option. In 'Options' i've got 'Options' and 'KHancer Options'. And there's no traffic tab in the 'KHancer Options' menu.

Thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by mothball@19 April 2004 - 04:56
    Hmmm...I haven't got a 'KLite Options' Option. In 'Options' i've got 'Options' and 'KHancer Options'. And there's no traffic tab in the 'KHancer Options' menu.

Thanks
    he means options, which are you k-lite options, not think of maybe trying it

options>options>sharing>locate my shared folder

@ ghost it's a 2.6 methinks bro,

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yes i have got ver 2.6! It takes a little getting used to...

That option only locates the folder for me but i wanna select a folder to where it'll start to put all my downloads instead of just dumping them in the massive K-Lite folder!

There's a really simple way of doing it in the other version but i can't seem to figure it out in this one....It's doing my head in cos it's probably something really easy to do too...:">

Thanks

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by tensegg@19 April 2004 - 16:11
    @ ghost it's a 2.6 methinks bro,
    me thinky that too now.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    erm, you can add or remove any folder you wish in there mothball, options>options>sharing>add other folders.
    Do you mean your sharing your files from your k-lite folder in C:programmes/klite? , then you messed up on install, reinstall it and specify exactly where you want then to go in the config wizard c:\my shared folder is the default directory

EDIT: s'pose I should tell you to back up or move any shared files you have in the prog directory before reinstaling

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    my bad, , quote instead of edit

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hmm, I was actually trying to avoid having to reinstall it all again (just can't be bothered to! ) but i think i'll have to now....Thanks for the help!

If i move the files i'm currently downloading to a temporary location will i be able to resume them from where i left off? Or will they start from the beginning again?

Thanks...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    as long as the .dat files are there you should be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast