Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Packs

Poster
    Hi,
    I have two noOB questionz,
    do I need to install SP1 for win xp b4 installing SP2, because I can't install SP1?and I'm looking for a way around to install it, but is it possible 2 intall SP2 b4 SP1?
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    not sure, but I know for sure I wouldn&#39;t even install sp2 period, at least not untill it&#39;s out of it&#39;s beta stage...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i can use some programs that change the product key for windows, will these make SP1 work? what are the dangers of this?what precaustions I can take (except backiups).
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    As long as the key isnt blacklisted, you will be alright.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    yes you can install SP2 without installing SP1...i know becuase ive tried it

BUT if you want to do that to get around having to change your key, then that aint gonna work, it blocks the same ones as SP1 did. to change ur key i recomend the Mr. Dude keychanger.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@19 April 2004 - 08:34
    yes you can install SP2 without installing SP1...i know becuase ive tried it

BUT if you want to do that to get around having to change your key, then that aint gonna work, it blocks the same ones as SP1 did. to change ur key i recomend the Mr. Dude keychanger.
    Yea I have that, and I also have Rockxp B) thnx.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i don&#39;t like your sig supersonic to random
    <span style='color:white'>______________________</span><span style='color:white'>______________________</span>

[ eMule Verifieds | Simple Guide Burning Bin/Cue Files | Kazaa Lite Codec Pack ]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If you have a good version of SP2 you don&#39;t need SP1.
    The second pack includes all of the info from the first with some additions.

You too can have a "Security Center"....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Its always a good idea to generate an unique key with something like the bluelists recoverer discoverer. This way you dont have to worry about service packs blocking the OS.
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    IMO you should NEVER install a beta SP
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast