Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Kill Bill Vol 2 Reviews

Originally posted by Busyman@2 May 2004 - 15:27
    All in all though as a movie progresses it should get better and more exciting. This did not..even you look at Vol 1 and 2 together.

The end was rather anticlimactic.
    the ending of Vol. 2 was definitely a bit of a snooze, but overall i thought parts 1 & 2 were both fine. i think it's pretty much an american thing, that movies almost always follow the basic shakespearean or opera structure where it gets really big and loud at the end. asian movies often disregard a lot of the storytelling rules we take for granted, such as the old three-act structure (basically: intro, action/conflict, then resolution) or saving all the blood & guts for the final showdown. tarantino surely was aware of that difference between eastern & western movies when he made Kill Bill, his tribute to asian flicks.

i dunno, maybe Vol. 2 will grow on you, if you watch 'em back-to-back on dvd someday. or maybe not. different strokes for different fokes, and all.

btw, i agree about Pai Mei: he just about steals the show in Vol. 2.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yeah we Americans love the crescendo.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    also, i wonder if the dialogue in Kill Bill isn't intentionally blunt and forgettable. his earlier movies (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown) were all influenced by the kinds of 60s & 70s gangster/hustler/caper movies that are known for having snappy, well-written dialogue. but this one was intended mostly to ape badly dubbed martial arts and italian cowboy movies... not exactly fountains of inspiring speech, you know?

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    I dont understand what all the complaing about the boring dialogue and no gore is all about.

You must remeber:IT IS NOT A SEQUEL.
    Its still Kill Bill; if you were to see it as one whole film, you'd probably be more satisfied.

So what if Vol. 2 had a lot of talking and less fighting? Does it take an action scene to keep your attention? I swear....it seems like most of you got ADD....

The ending wasnt anti-climatic.
    I mean, what were you expecting? She killed Bill and got her kid back. What else is there to the story?

The way she killed him....you'll apprectiate it more if you've seen "Fist of the North Star"....I thought the way she killed him was cool....

Alas, everyone has their own opinion, of course, but I STRONGLY dissagree with most of you.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    i agree with mr. roscoe here, i think the 2nd one told more of a story then the 1st one did
    yeah.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    His old self?

This movie doesn&#39;t compare to Pulp Fiction.

The dialogue again wasn&#39;t there.
    Im not saying the dialogue can compare to pulp fiction, not by far. But more of what makes Tarantino films so memorable are there like the storytelling, the action scenes, the music, the characters etc. As far as Im concerned this is Tarantino back to his old self after Jackie Brown (which I didnt hate btw). With that statement Im of course also including vol 1 as you cant have the second part without the first. And as the above posters said, I agree that vol 2 have more of a flow in the storytelling which vol 1 lacked with all its great, enjoyable action scenes.

I did finish vol 1 some hour or so before we went down to the movies to see the second part. Might be part of what made vol 2 so great for me, as the film after all was meant for a coherent experience.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    When you compare a QT movie, you compare it to every movie he&#39;s ever made and everyone he didnt.
    Personally I havent seen Volume 1 all the way through since it was released at the cinema. But after seeing Volume two i now want to go back and watch Volume 1 again, i want to work out who she killed in what order. By the sounds of it people were dissapionted becuase it didn&#39;t have as much gore, to be honest it didn&#39;t bother me. Gore im fine with, i love a QT movie becuase its the style the flair his energy he puts into it. When looking at Volume two i would hope that everyone who &#39;reviewed&#39; it went back and resaw the movies together back to back, unless you just plain hated them both.

Volume 1 had its cool fight scene,
    Volume 2 had the indebt story the slow talking QT characters (Althought hey could have talked alitte faster)

I was slightly suprised that Budd was killed by a snake and not by the bride herself but it was a good idea. I persoanlly loved the buried alive idea and that is how it flashes back, a great idea. i found the 5 parm exploding heart Technique a bit on the taky side but iv never really sat down and watched a kung Fu movie unless its a Amercian one or has Jackie Chan in it. Im thankful that QT didnt make it so Bill and The bride talked, it would have been a bad ending to have themhave a massive 15 minute fight again with arm&#39;s and heads going everywhere.

{~}&#39;Dogs was the crime movie, something to get him reconised.
    {~}Pulp was him, his ideas at there best, tryng to show off to us, his leap to stardom.
    {~}J Brown was his older more mature film.
    {~}K Bill (both volumes as it is only one film) was his homage to his favourite genre.
    {~}G Bastards will be his war epic but i don&#39;t see it being very good to be honest, i don&#39;t think he will be able to handle the idea of war and have very little to do with war and alot more about a charachter plot which will annoy people.

In my eyes he will never top Pulp but i know he won&#39;t go out like a power cut just yet.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    just watched it last night. didn&#39;t like it at all. volume 1 was better. and bill&#39;s death was so weird. the heart exploding thingy was so weird. and u know wat, that pei mei guy speaks cantonese. that&#39;s not supposed to be true. cuz there r no cantonese speaking warriors.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345