Thread: Kill Mom But Don't Hurt Tv

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    A Florida teen charged with hiring an undercover policeman to shoot and kill his mother instructed the purported hitman not to damage the family television during the attack, police said.

Police in the southwestern Florida city of Fort Myers arrested the boy, 17-year-old Carlos Chereza, on Tuesday on a charge of soliciting to commit first-degree murder.

Tipped by an informant that Chereza had offered to pay to have his mother killed, an undercover detective posed as someone willing to do the job, Fort Myers police said.

Chereza offered the detective $2,000 that he expected to inherit from his mother's bank account, and gave him the keys to the family apartment, a map of the apartment and a picture of his mother, the police report said. He asked that the shooting be made to look like a burglary, it said.

"Carlos stated that he didn't want anything to happen to the television," the detective wrote in the arrest report.

Police arrested the teen immediately after the meeting with the detective, and the mother was unharmed. Police spokeswoman Kara Winton said the motive was related to domestic problems within the family, but declined to elaborate.
    Source

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    man that 1 good t.v wonder what brand it is ??

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I hope its at least plasma.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    One has to seriously question why a 17 year old is more emotionally attached to his television than to his mother.

The domestic dynamic within that family must have been horrendous.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I have to agree.I mean did he even think about his Stereo System or the Speakers that produce all that Beautiful Music.It sure sounds like he did'nt.

We can only hope he gains more respect in the Future.A Kenwood would do a Boy this age right.It sure helped me.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@20 April 2004 - 00:27
    I have to agree.I mean did he even think about his Stereo System or the Speakers that produce all that Beautiful Music.It sure sounds like he did'nt.

We can only hope he gains more respect in the Future.A Kenwood would do a Boy this age right.It sure helped me.

My Radiogram is a feck off SONY surround sound with two big bastard sub-woofers.

Where I come from Kenwood are famous for

but I know they also make top music systems.

Excellent soft-eject, which is always a plus point.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J'Pol@19 April 2004 - 17:58

My Radiogram is a feck off SONY surround sound with two big bastard sub-woofers.

My kinda guy!

Mine is all Cerwin-Vega.

I can rattle my neighbor's windows rather easily.

Actually, I do have a set of home-made speakers I built using Kenwood drivers; they're pretty nice.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Almost forgot-

As to the topic, yes, the child would seem to be in serious need of a head-shrinker.

Unless I miss my guess, this isn't a case necessarily of parental abuse as much as a child with considerably fewer than a full string of fish, eh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain