Thread: Nero Burning Question

Im trying to copy and disk and im usign Nero Express. One of the options is "Quick Copy" which it says allows you to record directly from the source and wont use hardrive space. So if i dont use the "Quick Copy" option, i will use temporary hard dive space? It will eventually delete itself?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    That's right.
    Although it's generally quicker to copy this way, the two drives should be on different IDE channels. That sounds simple but some DVDROM drives don't like to be set as Slaves and writer drives prefer to be Master, too.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@19 April 2004 - 23:06
    That's right.
    Although it's generally quicker to copy this way, the two drives should be on different IDE channels. That sounds simple but some DVDROM drives don't like to be set as Slaves and writer drives prefer to be Master, too.
    It really doesn't matter any more.

I do not think that optical drives have an emotional response to whether they are "master" or "slave".

Being a simpleton I copy what I want to my hdd. Then I burn it to a CD or DVD. Given that the difference is literally a few minutes and the way I do it works 99% of the time then it suits me.

It really isn't worth getting bothered about.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I copy on the fly too. With buffer underrun protection now day's I rarely make coasters.