Thread: Dc++ Dvd Download Hubs

what is the best hub to download those entire dvds?

and another question is How do you search the entire dvd files? i think u have to search like this " "title" video ts " and file type is "any" ....and download the whole dir ....am i right?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    why would you want the whole movie? Just get a divx or xvid rip. Use verified sites...
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    ive never used DC myself, so i couldnt help you there, but bittorrent has some good sources - suprnova etc.

and of course he wants a dvd-r, think of the quality

seriously though, you can either spend a day dling the full dvd with all features and extras, in nice wide-screen, or you can dl a crappy divX and spend a day encoding it right and burning...i know which id prefer to do
    <insert signature here>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@14 April 2004 - 22:31
    ive never used DC myself, so i couldnt help you there, but bittorrent has some good sources - suprnova etc.

seriously though, you can either spend a day dling the full dvd with all features and extras, in nice wide-screen, or you can dl a crappy divX and spend a day encoding it right and burning...i know which id prefer to do
    well you can get cheap dvd players now that play mpeg4 divx/xvid no problems

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by junkyardking+20 April 2004 - 13:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 20 April 2004 - 13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vivitron 15@14 April 2004 - 22:31

well you can get cheap dvd players now that play mpeg4 divx/xvid no problems [/b][/quote]
    Totally agree with this.

Divx is most of the times a far better quality as svcd or ripped dvd image.
    Normal dvd is probably compressed fro >8 gig to fit on a 4,5 gig the compression does a lot worse then a rip to divx avi.
    With a divx player you can burn like 4-5 divxmovies onto 1 dvd&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i would agree that this is fairly true, however the problem that I (and i suspect many others) have is that i get a film for me, then a friend wants to watch it: i aint gonna sit and convert the movie for them, so i just dl the dvd-r.

now the best bet is to check out a torrent forum, like digital update where the people tell you exactly how it was ripped:

e.g. "dvd-shrink menus deleted, 96% of the original movie"

then you know whether or not its worth it.

generally anything which isnt an action/really long film (lotr, matrix) is amazing Q like this, and beats anything up to around a 1.4GB Xvid.
    <insert signature here>