Thread: Britney's New Video

Ok this is killing me! I saw her new video wich was odd... I don't get it... Why out of no where did she have blood on the back of her head? I heard talk about suicide... But I dont know! Does anyone out there know what this video is about and why that scene in the bathtub made it so controversial?!

Thanks

D

2. Music   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    i havvent seen it....
    but
    Blood and Women has primeval dilemnas
    Bathtubs and women do strange thing to Men
    Blood and Bathtubs = Menstruation

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@20 April 2004 - 04:18
    i havvent seen it....
    but
    Blood and Women has primeval dilemnas
    Bathtubs and women do strange thing to Men
    Blood and Bathtubs = Menstruation

whats the name of the song?

4. Music   -   #4
    Lol he's crazy...

The new video is called everytime

5. Music   -   #5
    Lol nevermind I think I got it...

Britney Spears isn't going to kill herself in her "Everytime" video after all — she's killing the suicide concept.

The singer was going to appear to have taken pills and drowned in a bathtub in her new video. Camera tricks and surprise plot developments were designed to keep the results somewhat mysterious. But Spears has decided against using those scenes — which she maintains were meant to depict accidental death, not suicide — and has revised the concept for the clip accordingly.

"Britney Spears was uncomfortable with these treatments due to the potential for a fictional accidental occurrence to be misinterpreted as a suicide," read a statement released by her label on Friday (March 12). "Ms. Spears revised the treatment to ensure the video for 'Everytime' will not have a scene in it that could in any way be perceived as a reference to a suicide."

After news of the video's concept broke, Spears was criticized by those who perceived it to be a glamorization of suicide. 24-year-old Fey of Beverly Hills, California, wrote: "Leave it to Britney to exploit suicide. I lost a brother to suicide and am disgusted with her. Killing yourself is not glamorous, it won't set you free, and it will destroy everyone who loves you."

The singer's label said it was not her intent to present suicide in any sort of positive light and that she hopes people who are considering suicide seek help. "[Spears] does not endorse [suicide] as a solution to any individual and fully recognizes that people who go to this length need assistance and advice and should contact their local suicide prevention organization," the statement read.

http://www.britney.primenova.com/
    taken from that website...

D