Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Usergroups

SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I noticed that we have a few usergroups here, mostly concerning members and a couple concerning peoples functions on the board.

So I thought about it and here it is:

I think there should be a seperate usergroup for those people who op the chatroom. Follow my logic here. Not that we need anymore usergroups randomly or every lamer out there will want their own usergroup.

Simpy that despite what some people think about chat, we really do spend a decent amount of time answering k-lite related questions, and we are all aware that how we treat these people reflects on the board as well as on k-lite itself and I have to say the ops do a very thorough job of both answering questions about k-lite and answering questions about the board.

I know there has been support for us (just look at the links) and this is not a big issue.

Just something I noticed and it got me thinking about it.

Sorry if this should have been done in PM, but really I also think it should be open for discussion.

List of Ops (besides NikkiD since she is also a Global Moderator -go girl&#33.

[4731571]
    Romeo187
    Skweeky
    Rat Faced
    Razz
    XeroXed
    ProwL418
    SuperJude

Just a thought of course.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    Forgive my ignorance, it genuine, I'm not being obtuse. What's an op.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Sorry an op is a channel operator.

Much like a mod or admin here.

-SJ™

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Poster
    I don't see why not.
    I think it would even be more organized that way and it would inform people too.

edit: I think VB will be kind enough to do it.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@13 March 2003 - 23:52
    Sorry an op is a channel operator.

Much like a mod or admin here.

-SJ™
    It's a chat thing, sorry I never use that.

However if anyone spends their time and effort in helping the forum then I say, why not give them some recognition.

Go on, you know it makes sense.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    this has nothing to do with the fact your on the list too ( last one on your list)

ofcourse not.

i see your point, credit should be given.

cheers

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    jetje's Avatar former star
    The fact is that the groups on this board are there for giving people rights in here.
    Probably comes from a recent created new group database crew, some people working on the movie database. We needed to give those people an additional right so that they can work on the same topic.
    For setting same rights to persons you create groups. Administrators-Global moderators etc...
    Not for recognitioning them. So it has nothing to do with that...

Although i think i can follow -SJ™ idea, i don't think that is the purpose of making a new group.

For recognition is best to make a same unique sig to use for all.

But maybe we have to take this to teamchat see what the other mod and admins think of the suggestion. B)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    lunatacs- Nah I got my 5 stars and all that but it means little to me really. I never stick that in anybodies face. When I go to a new board I usually check out user groups, moderating team, that kind of stuff and a lot of new IRC or javachat users would be better helped if they knew what that @ symbol meant honestly.

Did get the sense of humor of course.

jetje- Thanks. That's all I'm asking. It's just a suggestion but a legitimate one.

-SJ™

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    You know how I feel about this.And yes....I think IRC should have one.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Like jetje already said, usergroups are created in order to give those members additional rights on the board. For instance, the Database Crew has its own Room (and an additional account - k-lite.tk), which is seen only by the Database crew and all the Admins and Mods of course. This is where we work on the database, without other members seeing us (or even spamming our topics).

The #KLchat room is somehow recognised as an official IRC room for this board, by having its own link above and all the ops coming from this board. It is still not a part of the board though. Therefore I don't see why would there be a need for an extra member's group.

Don't get me wrong, you should get some sort of credit for moderating the room and all. I'm there quite a lot and I think you're doing a great job.

But there is one thing that comes to my mind:

We all know (the regulars) that the #KLchat room has been on 4 different servers in the last month or so. When that happened, we used this board to regroup.
    We also remember the TRX accident. When that happened, we used other boards and IRC to regroup.

In case something happens again (hopefully not), you should have your own room on the board to discuss things. You could also meet there to exchange #Klchat related information (kicked, banned people, op nomiations, ...). You actually have to be present at the same time on IRC to talk. With you guys having this room, you could exchange information much more easily.

This is why I'm for the idea.

Just my 2 cents

Long live the K-Lite forum and the #KLchat room!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast