Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need Help Badly With Geforce 4 Mx.

Poster
    I just upgraded form Win 2000 to XP Pro Corp. Ever since i installed it my comp freezes up right after i log in or the screen just goes black. I went into safe mode and diabled video card. Now it works fine but I dont't have problem. Right now im in VGA mode which is a bitch. Everything is jerky. So i d/l latest drivers form http://www.nvidia.com but still doesnt fix the problem. So if anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    I just had my Nividia GeForce2MX/MX400 replaced due to the same type problem you are having.Unfortunatly it was a warranty part and i could'nt get anything better so i hope this one works for awhile.*knocks on wood*At least until i can save up the money for something better.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    if u had it disabled when u updateed the drivers it might not have took try going to device manager and removing it compleatly and reboot hopefully it will use the new driver or ask u for it make shure it uncompressed and ready to use somewhere (like /windows/options/drivers/geforce)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    So what should i do? So go into safe mode with card enabled and then install new drivers. I pretty sure ive already done that though. Does anybody know how to fix the prob or tell me where to go?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I have thoses drivers already but what the heck ill renistall them. I dont't think than will fix problem but still if anybody has anymore suggestions that would be great.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    These are the suggestions off the manu for my geforce, it might not help but its worth a try

What if my system hangs or I get a blank screen?

1. Make sure your VGA card is properly inserted into the slot. Gently press the card into the slot.
    2. Check if the monitor output connector is securely connected with VGA connector.
    3. Clean the golden fingers of VGA card with an eraser and plug it back to the slot again

What are the recommended BIOS settings for a GeForce?

good luck

The settings described here should provide maximum performance and stability:
    Fast Writes - Enabled.
    AGP Mode - 2x or 4x, depending on whether your motherboard supports AGP4X or not.
    AGP Driving Control - Auto.
    AGP Aperture - see 'What should my AGP Aperture size be set to?' question.
    Assign IRQ to VGA - Enabled.
    Video BIOS Shadow - Disabled.
    Video BIOS Cacheable - Disabled.
    C8000 - xxxxx Shadow - Disabled.
    Peer Concurrency - Enabled.
    Concurrent PCI Host - Enabled.
    PCI Streaming - Enabled.
    VGA Palette Snoop - Disabled.
    You can also try these settings if you are having problems:
    Memory hole between 15-16MB - Enabled.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I don't know if this will help but it might though. Is to update my bios. I knw my bios is old and i havent updated it. or flashed it or whatever. But i go to the site and follow the damn directions to falsh your bios but it doesn't work. I downloaded the utility like it is says and the newest bios for my motherboard. To go to the site http://www.pcchips.com The go to bios then k7 and i have M*10 v5 and it says in a link on how to do it in command prompt but it says always that aminf336.exe is not a regonized internal or external command. Something like that so if anybody gets thoses frickin directions can u help me with them.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    When I posted that link above, I was also refering to the fact that you might find your answers at that site. They have all sorts of support, tools and tips. They even have a forum.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Geforce mx = Shit (sry, but true)
    Geforce mx 4 performance < Geforce 3 ti 500 (yes, its true)
    Geforce mx doesnt have direct x 8 support

This was bullshit what nvidia did with these cards, trying to market them as the next waves budget card, when in all actuallity, they sucked, and were worse then previous cards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast