Thread: Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro

i've recently installed nav 2003 pro, every time i check the auto protect and email scanning is switched off and i can not switch them back on.

i have re installed several times but the same keeps happening?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    why install 2003 when 2004 is out. Also use the Corp. Ed it is better and uses less resources. It may be possible that you have one of those viruses that disable your anti virus software. do an online scan from the norton web site to remove any viruses first before you reinstall any anti virus program, but i suggest the Corp Ed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hmmm... maybe you should use a real anti-virus
    NOD32 and AVG are both more than a match for Norton's crap.

AVG even has a free version better than whatever Norton has.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by leeds utd@21 April 2004 - 08:22
    i&#39;ve recently installed nav 2003 pro, every time i check the auto protect and email scanning is switched off and i can not switch them back on.

i have re installed several times but the same keeps happening?
    it means you have a trojan on your computer
    Image Resized
    [img]https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/warning2.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Your Image much is racism again ppl of Troy
    YOu have this:

Info about it :
    I. What is a Trojan horse?
    Trojan horse attacks pose one of the most serious threats to computer security. If you were referred here, you may have not only been attacked but may also be attacking others unknowingly. This page will teach you how to avoid falling prey to them, and how to repair the damage if you already did. According to legend, the Greeks won the Trojan war by hiding in a huge, hollow wooden horse to sneak into the fortified city of Troy. In today&#39;s computer world, a Trojan horse is defined as a "malicious, security-breaking program that is disguised as something benign". For example, you download what appears to be a movie or music file, but when you click on it, you unleash a dangerous program that erases your disk, sends your credit card numbers and passwords to a stranger, or lets that stranger hijack your computer to commit illegal denial of service attacks like those that have virtually crippled the DALnet IRC network for months on end.

The following general information applies to all operating systems, but by far most of the damage is done to/with Windows users due to its vast popularity and many weaknesses.

(Note: Many people use terms like Trojan horse, virus, worm, hacking and cracking all interchangeably, but they really don&#39;t mean the same thing. If you&#39;re curious, here&#39;s a quick primer defining and distinguishing them. Let&#39;s just say that once you are "infected", trojans are just as dangerous as viruses and can spread to hurt others just as easily&#33

source
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::