Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suicide

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Well, Chevvy, your perspective is a very Western point of view. But in some cultures, it's viewed as an honorable exit and it's not viewed with a negative stigma. Culture, religion, economics and logic will all conflict concerning suicide, yet all exerts tremendous passions. To some, suicide will never be logical, but neither is love.

"Unbearable" circumstances is not the only motivating force for suicide. A suicide bomber may seek riches in the next life, while a terminally ill patient may wish to die with dignity while he or she is able. Yet, I don't consider a soldier who dives on a grenade to protect friends, suicidal. Cultural norms shape us all as well as expedience of the moment.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Committing suicide as a parent is very selfish. No matter how bad your life is, it isn't fair to your child/children to leave them on their own.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by MalaDzen@22 April 2004 - 02:37
    yes suicide is acceptable/necessary in those and many other situations, but should always be the last option used....
    It is ALWAYS the last option used.

In the same way that people say "Why is the thing I've lost always in the last place I look?"

Well, you could keep looking after you find it if you like...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Alex H+21 April 2004 - 23:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H @ 21 April 2004 - 23:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MalaDzen@22 April 2004 - 02:37
    yes suicide is acceptable/necessary in those and many other situations, but should always be the last option used....
    It is ALWAYS the last option used.

In the same way that people say "Why is the thing I&#39;ve lost always in the last place I look?"

Well, you could keep looking after you find it if you like... [/b][/quote]
    Very good point&#33;

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    yea.....talking about suicides.....i don&#39;t know if i&#39;d ever have the guts to have a gun next to my head and pull that trigger....i&#39;ve seen it happen before to other people......but i don&#39;t know.....they claim that since the bullet travels faster than the sound, you technically don&#39;t hear it if you were to shoot yourself, cuz it would ahve gone through your brain already.....but i dont&#39; know........suicides...what else can i say......the suicides over in iraq right now are all just a bunch of bullshit, if you want to die, kill yourself, don&#39;t go off on a bus and take out innocent lives, most of whom are just doing their usual market shopping and all that..or going to work...... some people suicide for public attention, ......(like bud dwyer, of course everyone&#39;s seen that....... the napster guy created suicide i think too)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12