Thread: 3gp, Quicktime ++

Both RealPlayer and QuickTime can play 3gp (a mpeg 4 codec for mobile phones) but Media Player Classic and/or real / qt alternative can't. Also the 3ivx splitter is able to handle 3gp, but won't decode the video / audio stream.

And one more thing.. is it possible to build a filter with the GraphFilter editor to play quicktime movies? Is there a sorensen vidc.SVQ1 codec or at least a decoder?

I need some help, ppl
    -------------

killerost - "..faster, faster untill the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    There is a QuickTime directshow filter in QuickTime Alternative.

Perhaps you can use it with GraphEdit. I haven't tested it.

Do you happen to have a link to a website with a 3gp file? Always useful for us to test i we can get it to play.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Error403@22 April 2004 - 18:08
    There is a QuickTime directshow filter in QuickTime Alternative.

Perhaps you can use it with GraphEdit. I haven't tested it.

Do you happen to have a link to a website with a 3gp file? Always useful for us to test i we can get it to play.

I've tried the directshow filter with qt alternative, but it didn't support 3gp. I think 3gp support is an extra download for the standard quicktime. It's also supported by realplayer, but any of the real directshow filters

I have however been able to split the 3gp files correctly in GraphEdit with 3ivX DS Media Splitter filter, but it doesn't help me much cause there is no filter to decode the video stream :/

Here is a link to a video I recorded with a Nokia 3360.. the quality isn't superduper but it is the new video format for mobile phones 3gp test video.

You can more info about the format at this site.

It's really funny to think back a few years when one said "whooo" and "waaa" at the small black and white images on the phones and now just a few years later we got video streaming!
    -------------

killerost - "..faster, faster untill the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.."

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If you open the .3gp file in Internet Explorer then you can play it when you have QuickTime Alt. installed.

Playing it in Media Player Classic doesn't work yet. But you can suggest support for it here: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/