Thread: Ron Atkinson

If you follow football then you'll know what im on about. What do you guys think about what he said ?

I beleive it was a genuine slip of the tounge which we all make when watching football, We get a bit too engrosed in it. Won't see him on ITV again lol and his column in the guardian is probably out the window.

I think its a shame what a silly mistake.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    go sit in any pub in the country and hear what type of a abuse these players get shouted at them. poor sod was just frustrated at chelsea losing and said one bad thing that he regreated.

this is just political correctness gone mad. if we were truely politically correct then every thing would be tolerated including this.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    He seems like a nice guy but it was a very stupid thing to say. By all accounts he was going off on a two minute rant and finished off with "we have names for people like that...fucking nigger".

Such words have very negative connotations and have been used by many for generations to insult and belittle people from other cultures and creeds (used in almost derogatory terms signing people off to a lesser species simply because of their different skin colour). I don't see the need for him to use such language. If he was annoyed he could have used any other adjective to describe the player and not picked up on his colour.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    i for one, am very glad i hate him he is a shitty commentator, one of the most things that pisses me off about him is the way he rambles on about nothing, and the fact that he hates Newcaslte United
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Azzz@22 April 2004 - 17:47
    i for one, am very glad i hate him he is a shitty commentator, one of the most things that pisses me off about him is the way he rambles on about nothing, and the fact that he hates Newcaslte United
    You gonna lose tonight