Thread: Learning Everything About Pc's

KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    I know quite a lot about PC's and how to fix them. I built my own one with the stuff I wanted inside and what I need it. I had trouble with my brothers PC as his one has two hard drives and they are both split up and it goes on and on. I have never used these kind of techniques and when I want to fix them I get no where. I tried to reinstall win98 after a F-disk but it would not read the disk and kept on reebooting and then I tried to install XP home from the CD but it did the same thing so I tried to XP Professional and it worked.

I felt as if I have lost my gift of computer fixing and wiz-kid internet trouble shooting because I done it the easy way, the cheap way out

I want to learn what the hardware technical stuff means and why is one different from the other, the technical terms MegaBytes and MegaBits etc...how to fix stuff and install them, how to do just about anything with a computer. I want to learn stuff about computers so much that there will be nothing else left to learn. I know a lot right now but feel I am loosing it because I am not using it that much. In simple plain english, I want to keep up with technology as much as possible but have a solid background knowledge. For example I have Windows XP Professional and I had to fix someone with Windows 95.

If you can help me and guide me to good learning websites or books and anything else, I would be really grateful.

Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    You should be able to find some good learning books on eMule.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Tried it, found nothing.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    i use to know nearly nothing about fixin computers but then i worked with a computer company (for work exp), and they wanted me to start fixin the comps (a starter job) so they gave me a book on a course called A+ cerification. it tells ou everything from the start, on how to identify the problem, how to fix the prob, how to upgrade. it should be good. do a search on kazaa or emule for 'A+' or 'Certification' (i tried 'Certification' and found some on kazaa), or if you cant find any (which i doubt), then it looks like ur gonna have to visit good old amazon! get the bigger file size ones tho, they got the pics .

hope this helps.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    best way to learn is to do build a computer with a really cheap no-name motherboard. beleive me you will have probably every problem in the book, and can try to figure them all out yourself, or ask on the forum.

im serious, since building my computer, which im sad to say was built with a really cheap crappy motherboard, I have learnt a lot about computers.

the other way ive learnt a lot is by just reading every post in hardware world\software world for a few months, then i started posting stuff to help people...

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    Experience is the best way.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Originally posted by java.util.Tokarev;@19 April 2004 - 18:30
    i use to know nearly nothing about fixin computers but then i worked with a computer company (for work exp), and they wanted me to start fixin the comps (a starter job) so they gave me a book on a course called A+ cerification. it tells ou everything from the start, on how to identify the problem, how to fix the prob, how to upgrade. it should be good. do a search on kazaa or emule for 'A+' or 'Certification' (i tried 'Certification' and found some on kazaa), or if you cant find any (which i doubt), then it looks like ur gonna have to visit good old amazon! get the bigger file size ones tho, they got the pics .

hope this helps.
    Can you send me the A+ certification as I couldn't find it at all. If it's too big for e-mail, I have another way that's completely safe and secure. PM me so I can give you the e--mai.

Does anybody else know a website where I can go a learn about previous and current MS windows and how to fix them and PC repair/building/upgrading etc...

Thanks guys

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    im surprised u never found any on kazaa search. i would send you the file, it is just that i dont have one, i only got a book, in the previous message i was just saying what i saw from a search. im sure u will find some on kazaa type in 'certification' when searching for documents.

the best one is the file 'sybex - A+ certification study guide' author = sybex it is 45 mb.
    thats the book i used. type in 'sybex' and select author then search

sorry i cant send u the file dude, i would if i had it.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.