Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Security And Ip Address Software

Is it true that one of the best means to secure your computer is to stop or rather make it more difficult for users especially hackers to find out your IP address. Is this true or not, and if it is where would I find the software to to do this? I am pretty new to computers and wondered if someone could explain how they hack you and get your address?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    well kinda but not really.

just install yourself a decent firewall, anti virus, dont open email attachments and keep windows up to date then your pretty secure.

if you wanna hack into a pc an ip adress is a good start but it is not always needed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If hackers dont need your IP address how do they do it? And I thought they got your address of visiting sites and P2P. I've downloaded a free firewall and it shows or seems to show lots off people trying to get into my system?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Double Agent
    hackers are everywhere and nowhere...

we are among u.....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I gathered that where can i find out more?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    hackers(skript kiddies) can find stupid people who dont worry about clicking that email attachment called server.exe that just infected their machine with sub7.

a home pc is normally hard to break into because of a lack of services running. its more common that you will get worms or viruses.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by 4play@22 April 2004 - 15:13
    hackers(skript kiddies) can find stupid people who dont worry about clicking that email attachment called server.exe that just infected their machine with sub7.

a home pc is normally hard to break into because of a lack of services running. its more common that you will get worms or viruses.
    wrong again, normal users have no idea what services they are running unknowingly

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    It will be awhile before the FULL SCALE ATTACK is ready.

We're just experimenting with the fact that we can do it selectively.........client by client.

probably why it is ok for some.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Someone broke into my Norton firewall and kept turning my computer off and also did something to stop me downloading a film. I can no longer carry on downloading. I just wondered if I could find out more to protect my computer. I presume they got my addreess or whatever from Kazaa where I was downloading?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Liam100@22 April 2004 - 19:17
    Someone broke into my Norton firewall and kept turning my computer off and also did something to stop me downloading a film. I can no longer carry on downloading. I just wondered if I could find out more to protect my computer. I presume they got my addreess or whatever from Kazaa where I was downloading?
    Have you tried scanning your PC with an Anti-Virus software, such as Norton or NOD32?

Sounds like a trojan or somthing of the sort.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast