Thread: I Don't Get Bittortent

Okay, I've heard that BitTorrent has file releases like the day of, and I know that to be true. But when I import a [torrent files are not allowed] into TorrentStorm it takes like 5 minutes to start the download, and even then it goes at like 1 kb/s usually, except for a couple bursts where it d/ls at 5 kb/s (I have 56k) for a little bit. Anyone know what's up?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Your connection speed is "whats up".

With a 56k connection, your average d/l speed will only be between 1-7kbs.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    BT really wasn't ment for use with 56k.
    It's a tick for tock program, you get as much as you give. with a phone modem you really can't give much, so you can't get much. not to metnion that your download speed already sucks to start with.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wyrm@23 April 2004 - 02:58
    and even then it goes at like 1 kb/s usually, except for a couple bursts where it d/ls at 5 kb/s (I have 56k) for a little bit. Anyone know what's up?
    Bittorrent allows you to download in proportion to the amount that you upload.

So you will have slower download.

Bear in mind that 56k modems relate to the download speed. The upload speed is actually less. Therefore the rate at which you will be able to download torrent files will be really quite slow.

In fact the chances are, for a lot of them, that the torrent will stop being seeded before you get it completed. Unless you get in really early.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    It is sloe because you have a 56k and second, Bittorent tries to find the reare parts of the file first and then starts to download the parts of the file which is widely avaliable. But the main reason is that you have a 56k.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    56k modems are generally slow. If you can, I suggest that you purchase dsl. If you can&#39;t then just be patient and leave bt on for a couple of nights, and the program will do the trick.

good luck.

Rock On&#33;

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    as you have just been told by 5 people that you have a slow connection i thought i may aswell add to that. you have a slow connection

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    drjogalog's Avatar Been here before?
    Maybe this guy does have a slow connection, but so do I.
    I use and have used bit-torrent for about 5 month now and I have a 56k modem.
    Alright the speeds arent fast (average around 4.5k) but it still does the job.
    I use the burst client and have no problems with this whatsoever, Ive tried most of the others but burst is simple and does what it says on the tin.
    As to the point of slow downloads, I could say to you ADSL or DSL CABLE users, you have a slow connection and go out and buy a satalite linkup, but that wouldnt be useful to you. Would it? I think WYRM knows he has a slow connection&#33;
    It takes something bad to realize something good.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Hes got a point