Thread: Invasion Of Overnet

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I have been using 0.52 for some time now (106.73 gigs transferred) but now lately I have been hitting Mules or something. The files will have many sources w/ complete parts but they share alot I guess a lot or something bc all of their Queue place is around 2188/higher/lower. They are not giving that much to the Overnet Network bc I can tell which is an Overnet client bc usually we all have the parts. How can we stop this or fix this?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    hate to break it to ya, but overnet doesnt actually download from the ed2k network. Its only the edonkey that downloads from both.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    how does Overnet take ed2k links then? I usually am able to get things off of ed2k site links with no problem. As I said though, sometimes there are problems like I am having now. I got many of my verified's off of www.unitedp2p.com/SvcdPlaza. Why does MetaMachine recomend Overnet then if it doesn't pull of the Ed2k?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    just because they use the same format doesnt mean they use the same network. Remeber overnet is made by the same people who makes the edonkey (the first on the ed2k network).
    They recommended OVernet simply because its easier to use, not necessarily better. Which is the case for some users who dont use emule but use overnet because its less hassle to configure and you get good speeds.
    But if you notice the total users and files, its always less in overnet than on emule which suggests that they use diff networks. Ive always had this thought that they were different but MM informed it wasnt the case. After reading a couple of posts on a ED2K site it actually is a diff network but still based on ed2k.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I can already see Musleman arguing bitterly how wrong i am but have to say this: kazaal. is still nr1 d.loading program.
    Last couple of days i was trying to complete west wing from 1. and second season so i used all 3 above mentioned programs-e-mule, overnet and kazaal. Result is following: 60% files got from kazaal, 35% from e-mule and rest from overnet.
    Talk is talk but walk is walk

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what quality? corrupt free? Are you sharing these files anymore?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quality is mostly feir enough(300mb are perfect, those with 200-OK). Ther is couple of episodes that i have under 100MB and they are bed (2x02, 2x16...) qual.
    I am not sharing(on kazaa) them for the moment, at least until e-mule and overnet are finished with their d.loading-it takes couple of days for them and they take all my upload cap.