Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia Accused Of Cheating Again?

Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@10 May 2004 - 22:57
    Trilinear Filtering - Colored Mipmaps
    Here´s what Microsoft has to say about it:

Quote: "The DX9 reference rasterizer does not produce an ideal result for level-of-detail computation for isotropic filtering, the algorithm used in NV40 produces a higher quality result. Remember, our API is constantly evolving as is graphics hardware, we will continue to improve all aspects of our API including the reference rasterizer."
    Source

Anyone still going to claim that Nvidia were cheating?
    i have no idea what the big deal about 2 two companys. i can hardly tell the difference between 60 and 100 fps so i have no favorate. I can play anygame and still be satisfied with it whatever the performace of my (shit) system. I am not biased 2 either company after owning hardware from both company. However i found that my nvidia card was less hassle (maybe bcos it was a simple card).

Just thought i would share my thoughts.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    i say nvidia is less of a hassle cuz their cards actually work with my system!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Marius24+11 May 2004 - 00:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 11 May 2004 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@10 May 2004 - 22:57
    Trilinear Filtering - Colored Mipmaps
    Here´s what Microsoft has to say about it:

Quote: "The DX9 reference rasterizer does not produce an ideal result for level-of-detail computation for isotropic filtering, the algorithm used in NV40 produces a higher quality result. Remember, our API is constantly evolving as is graphics hardware, we will continue to improve all aspects of our API including the reference rasterizer."
    Source

Anyone still going to claim that Nvidia were cheating?
    i have no idea what the big deal about 2 two companys. i can hardly tell the difference between 60 and 100 fps so i have no favorate. I can play anygame and still be satisfied with it whatever the performace of my (shit) system. I am not biased 2 either company after owning hardware from both company. However i found that my nvidia card was less hassle (maybe bcos it was a simple card).

Just thought i would share my thoughts. [/b][/quote]
    Those thoughts echo my own

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123