Thread: Radeon X800 Xt Preview

BANNED
    is that even available in teh usa yet?? i can't find it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by mr. nails@24 April 2004 - 09:55
    any word on the psu size for the next gen ati card? i do know for a FACT that nvidia says u will need a min of 480 watt for their next gen card. what of ati?
    1) nvidia recommends 480 watts purely because most people buy crappy PSUs that dont put out steady voltages, and therefore need the higher rating. There is talk of it running well on a shuttles 200w PSU, purely because it is high quality.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27394

2) The ATi card only has one molex connecter, so it should draw less.

3) Please people, wait until independent review sites say something worth saying.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by RGX+24 April 2004 - 07:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 24 April 2004 - 07:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mr. nails@24 April 2004 - 09:55
    any word on the psu size for the next gen ati card?&nbsp; i do know for a FACT that nvidia says u will need a min of 480 watt for their next gen card.&nbsp; what of ati?
    1) nvidia recommends 480 watts purely because most people buy crappy PSUs that dont put out steady voltages, and therefore need the higher rating. There is talk of it running well on a shuttles 200w PSU, purely because it is high quality.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27394

2) The ATi card only has one molex connecter, so it should draw less.

3) Please people, wait until independent review sites say something worth saying. [/b][/quote]
    my point exactly

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i got that from hard ocp. that should be valid enough.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    atiVidia, list what you think is an independant site
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I wasn&#39;t referring to you with the "independent reveiw site" comment.

And 4th gen, as you are a stickler for details, no there is no such thing as a truly independent review site, however taking projected results from an ATi supporters page is probably giving you the most biased results you can get.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@24 April 2004 - 18:51
    And 4th gen, as you are a stickler for details, no there is no such thing as a truly independent review site, however taking projected results from an ATi supporters page is probably giving you the most biased results you can get.
    You are correct, in that I don&#39;t think there&#39;s such a thing as a totally objective gaming site. What I meant was is there a subjectively opbjective site (i.e. a site which is, in atiVidia&#39;s eyes objective)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    www.anandtech.com is one of my favorites, as is http://www.hardocp.com/index.html.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@24 April 2004 - 05:55
    ha&#33; told ya ati would strike back&#33; ha&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    This pic was just far too perfect and worth a bump regarding that post....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast