Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enhance Quality Of Audio File ?

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    im wondering if there is a program that i can use to enhance a 128 kb audio file to a 192 kb quality file ?

2. Music   -   #2
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Formula1@24 April 2004 - 19:37
    im wondering if there is a program that i can use to enhance a 128 kb audio file to a 192 kb quality file ?
    NO !

It is simply impossible to add the data that was lost when it was made to 128k.

Spoiler: Show

3. Music   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger+24 April 2004 - 18:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guitar-Slinger @ 24 April 2004 - 18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Formula1@24 April 2004 - 19:37
    NO &#33;

It is simply impossible to add the data that was lost when it was made to 128k.

[/b][/quote]
    What Guitar-Slinger Said

4. Music   -   #4
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Formula1@24 April 2004 - 13:37
    A long as the khz is 44 then the quality will be the same or at least similar. Unless you got really good speakers and soundcard and do a side-by-side comparison you wont really find any difference between 192k and 128k. Thats the whole concept of mp3s. Remove the sound you cannot hear and make the file smaller. If you can hear it, well then maybe you should just buy cds.

But no theres no program that can enhance the quality of an mp3. It&#39;s not possible. Just go download a different file.

Edit: Oh yeah I got these 2 little sound enhancer programs for Winamp that I use that make the sound quality different. Heres the links for them.

Enhancer
    4 Front Headphones

It makes the sound richer and if you turn up the 4 front Headphones too much then all your music will even sound like Metallicas Ride the Lightning Album. So, dont turn up the settings too much.

5. Music   -   #5
    I&#39;m sorry Arm, but while I was waiting for my new PC to be delivered last year, I had to make do with a standard pair of speakers and soundcard, and I could CERTAINLY tell the difference between 128 and 192 bitrates

6. Music   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@24 April 2004 - 15:55
    I&#39;m sorry Arm, but while I was waiting for my new PC to be delivered last year, I had to make do with a standard pair of speakers and soundcard, and I could CERTAINLY tell the difference between 128 and 192 bitrates
    Read my edited post. Maybe it&#39;s because of sound effect plugins for Winamp that improve the sound is the reason I cant tell the difference.

Everyone should use them. :music1:

7. Music   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    ARM.Will you please not tell People who are just getting into the scene that 128 Sounds just as good as anything else.

It might for you and others.But be honest with them and tell them what most People are Ripping at and Listening too.There was just a Guy that came over to the Noob Room with nothing but 128 Bitrate Files from Albums he Ripped and we asked why and he said "because that is CD Quality".

It is not.I am sorry.

8. Music   -   #8
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 April 2004 - 16:08
    ARM.Will you please not tell People who are just getting into the scene that 128 Sounds just as good as anything else.

It is not.I am sorry.
    Why dont we just do a neutral point of view and say use whatever bitrate you feel is best?

Where are you people are getting these ideas that 64 bits is going to make a highly compressed audio file cd quality? Maybe with some proof ill join you. But all I need is proof.

Actually if you want to get technical, neither bit rate is cd quality since it&#39;s lossy compression.

9. Music   -   #9
    Who mentioned 64 bitrates?&#33;?&#33;??

10. Music   -   #10
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@24 April 2004 - 16:14
    Who mentioned 64 bitrates?&#33;?&#33;??
    That is what I was just thinking.

Why dont we just do a neutral point of view and say use whatever bitrate you feel is best?
    Fine.We will agree on that ARM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast