Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok Stop It Now

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    All this talk of Canada and the seals thing, it's a bit stupid really, every country with a coastline does it and I think it's unfair to keep poping coments at Canada.

Why don't we start on the countries that don't look after their people? Or the countries that eat dogs?, tie their legs behind their heads breaking their legs and hanging them up while still alive, Veal eaters, and all the other animals that are treated badly. Just stop with the Anit-Canada stuff.

Please

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    What about slitting a cow's throat and letting it bleed to death.

That's another good one.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    or

5. Lounge   -   #5
    You kinda have to have read several different threads, but some will know what I'm talking about

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I am going to eat a seal if it is cooked right.I do not see what the Problem is.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    yeah but you're the exception

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #8
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 April 2004 - 18:58
    I am going to eat a seal if it is cooked right.I do not see what the Problem is.
    Quit being a pussy......Eat it raw Funky

Peace brotherdoobie

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    It is not just the killing of the babyseals, it'is the way it is done and the fact

Canada allows it.

I won't stop.

It is sooo sick!!!

If you want to do your peace on human rights, Jonno, that is your right.

So:

Stop the killing of seals in Canada In few weeks time the seal hunt will start all over again in Newfoundland. Last year The Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans exceeded their quota by 32,000 animals and their estimate of a "sustainable" hunt by more than 50,000.
    The hunters, armed with clubs and other illegal weapons, beat to death the baby hooded and harp seals in front their mothers, who often die trying to save their pups. Male adults often are left to bleed to death after have their penises brutally removed to export to countries such as Japan where they are used as aphrodisiacs.
    The most shocking evidence comes from 2001, when an international team of Veterinarians who witnessed the hunt, perfomed post-mortem examinations among some carcasses chosen randomly and proved that a 42% of those seals where skinned alive !!!
    This is the largest mammal killing in the world and there is no excuse for such a massacre or for the torture of these beautiful living beings. It only gives Canada a bad name as a primitive nation profiting from the fur of baby seals.
    Please, we urge you to stop allowing and supporting the killing of Canadian wildlife in such horrific way!

Yogi

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    "The fur trade is the most insidious source of prejudice against native peoples. The Fur Institute of Canada and the government drag token Indians all over Europe to get support for the white fashion and fur industry as if natives were some sort of noble gods. In contrast, back at home, they cut education programs that could get natives out of subsistence jobs like fur trapping."
    Paul Hollingsworth, founder Native/Animal Brotherhood
    After a decade of lackluster sales and plummeting profits, the fur industry is shamelessly attempting to justify its bloody trade by claiming to care about indigenous people.

The fur wars of the 1970s and 1980s permanently linked fur, in the minds of consumers, with the barbaric cruelty of steel-jawed traps and the hideous cramped confinement of cage-raised furbearers. With increasing numbers of compassionate people turning their backs on cruelty, the fur industry now alleges to support the traditional trapping lifestyle of aboriginal people. While some indigenous cultures have trapped animals for sustenance, killing animals for the sake of fashion and vanity is irreconcilable with indigenous philosophies of respect for the land and the animals.

The Native/Animal Brotherhood notes that the fur industry is anti-traditional and that the fur industry was a primary force behind the historical subjugation of native peoples. Paul Hollingsworth, founder of the Native/Animal Brotherhood states: "For 300 years the native people have been tools of the fur trade. The fur trade took our land, our culture, and our animal brothers. Once we were one with Mother Earth and all her creatures. It's time we listened to the animals' voices instead of trading in their blood.”

According to Statistics Canada, only 3% of all fur available for sale in North America comes from native trapping. Making an average of $225 per year from the sale of animal skins, aboriginal trappers are paid a pittance for doing the dirty, exhausting, bloody work of an industry that cares nothing about the indigenous people and even less about the animals. While the fur industry claims that aboriginal survival depends on trapping and the sale of fur, clearly, the continuation of trapping as the sole source of income will keep aboriginal people below even subsistence-level incomes.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.furisdead.com/images/tigerfurdemobig.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast