Thread: Dun Wanna Restart Again

recently my comp crashed (overnet is running at that time ), as a result, one of my downloads got real corrupted

the folder of that particular download does not have 1.part.met and 1.part.met.bak, so it doesn't show up on the "transfers" tab in overnet anymore

wat do i do? i tried to redownload it again, but it goes back zero.
    i also tried to rename the older folder, then i redownload it again (a new folder is created for the download), i copied 1.part.met and 1.part.met.bak into the older folder...same result

pls help

thx,
    gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    just redownload it if its a popular file.

try using an emule tool, but whether it will work i dont know.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    MetMedic works for emule style part.met files, or maybe DonkeyDoctor would be better. you have to queue up a like download, then once you have the hash set you can swap out your old .part file with your new one, and rebuild the part.met file then when you run emule/ed2k/on it will drop any bad chunks and redownload any missing ones

another solution would to find the file on shareaza, once you download the hash set from someone, pause it and swap the partial with your .part file, renamed to raza's partial filename, then in advanced options select "assume file is 100% complete and reverify"

or if you can find the t0rrent for the exact same file you can swap it out with it's partial while it's closed

course redownloading is the easiest way

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Vargas@28 April 2004 - 02:17
    MetMedic works for emule style part.met files, or maybe DonkeyDoctor would be better. you have to queue up a like download, then once you have the hash set you can swap out your old .part file with your new one, and rebuild the part.met file then when you run emule/ed2k/on it will drop any bad chunks and redownload any missing ones

another solution would to find the file on shareaza, once you download the hash set from someone, pause it and swap the partial with your .part file, renamed to raza's partial filename, then in advanced options select "assume file is 100% complete and reverify"

or if you can find the t0rrent for the exact same file you can swap it out with it's partial while it's closed

course redownloading is the easiest way
    erm...i dun have those part files anymore, they're just not there anymore
    so i can't swap anything

also, i'm using overnet which means that "assume file is 100% complete and reverify" does not exist in overnet

any ideas?
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    erm...i dun have those part files anymore
    the #.part file is your partial download, the *.part.met file is the index file
    if you don't have the .part file youre outta luck
    also, i'm using overnet which means that "assume file is 100% complete and reverify" does not exist in overnet
    thats because it's a shareaza option, you would have to use shareaza to resume and complete the download with that method
    any ideas?
    redownload it from scratch?