Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Win Xp

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Is Windows XP suppose to be stable? I mean i just got the blue screen of death from surfing forums. WTF? I think I'm gonna go back to Windows 2000, but uhh the thought of reinstalling all the programs
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Windows XP is in fact very stable compared to other version I've seen. 2000 is just as stable if not more so in my experience. The only thing I've seen cause a BSOD on an XP machine is a driver problem or the machine gets too hot (faulty hardware) in which case it shuts down.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    well its not temps the case is only 24 degrees and the cpu is at 48 this time there wasn&#39;t a driver stated just some weird number letter things

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well, it might help to prvent it if you knew what it said, but drivers aren&#39;t always stated. Right-click on my computer can select manage, then go to device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamaion icons or anything wrong.

Did you recently install windows XP or any new hardware? Updated any driver? Well, if nothing works, you can try to check the heatsink for heat transmitting grease. You know, if the temperature monitor was wrong and you have new hardware or something.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    did you do a clean install of windows xp , as in format your harddrive ect

or just install it over win 2000

usualy when you upgrade to xp from 2000 is where the problems occour , with drivers that aint compatable with xp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    this pc is brand new with a clean install of xp, no yellow &#33;&#39;s, and this pc was built by a "professional", and since it&#39;s new no hardware changed

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Keikan@25 April 2004 - 01:23
    this pc is brand new with a clean install of xp, no yellow &#33;&#39;s, and this pc was built by a "professional", and since it&#39;s new no hardware changed
    The advice given is sound.
    Intel or Athlon?...If you have an Athlon machine check your power supply.

Try a Full Kernal Dump.

Peace brotherdoobie

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Just because a "proffessional" did it, doesn&#39;t mean it was done right. A lot of times, they are lazy and don&#39;t give a crap about what they are doing. Try opening the case and see if everything is connected correctly and that. Also check your drivers because are one of the main reasons for failure. You might wanna see if your power supply has enough voltage. If you don&#39;t have enough juice, it can cause problems.

I&#39;ve been using Windows XP since it came out. I&#39;ve only gotten a BSOD a few times and that was because of bad drivers or me doing stupid stuff

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ive never gotten the bsod in the 3 years ive been running xp
    im gonna go with the flow and say check your drivers
    yeah.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Full Kernal Dump

Whats that?

I got a 400w power supply when i only need like a 300w

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast