Thread: Iso And Rar Files

I'm just learning about iso and rar files. I downloaded adobe premier 6.5 from a verified hash and used winrar to get to the set up file and installed it on my puter...i went to the folder in program files and cant find the launch icon to start the program...what have i done wrong (don't fall off your chair laughing if this is a noobie question...lol)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    where abouts have you installed it to:
    C:\Program Files??
    try looking in the directory i have mentioned above

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thats what i mean...i used winrar to get to the setup.exe file and installed it to c:/program files, and its there, but there is nothing to launch the program. all that is there are 2 .isu files, a .dll file, a read me file, and a plug in folder

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Try hitting the installer again. You don't need to reinstall...yet......just watch it. It will give you the install path during installation. I don't have Adobe anymore but the path should be something like c:/program files/adobe.

Was it a SFX .rar? If not, extract the files to a folder and run the installer from there. The folder you mentioned may be the rar temp folder winrar uses when you install from within the archive itself.

Hope some of this helps....
    Later taters.....
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    h1
    ISU files are InstallShield uninstall scripts.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It sounds like a partial install.
    Here's one extra thought: Go to mIrc or bittorrent and get Alcohol120%. Use it's 'virtual' cd-rom to mount the ISO and install it from there. Hell, if it's a raw burned ISO rip, it should have auto-run and start up the install automatically when you mount it.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!