Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer Takes Long Time To Shut Down

XP-Anti-spy can aid in tweaking. Enable fast shutdown.
    You also need to scan your computer for spyware (I use SpySweeper for example) and scan for viruses (I like NOD32 and AVG anti-viruses). You also need to defrag your system. Clean some crap up. I like Window Washer (from the same people who make SpySweeper) Webroot

black viper can help you with turning off services you don't need.

RegSeeker to clean the registry and do a little tweaking. It also allows you to take crap out of the startup registry. NTRegOpt also helps to optimize the registry. Don't forget to tweak your system with X-Setup

It should only take seconds to shut down your comp. ESPECIALLY on your hardware.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    ill check for spyware and trojans but i cant find a crack nod32. the old one ran out&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Yeah, they are really on top of people cracking their software.

You can get a temporary trial code for NOD32 from Here But you should check out the On-Demand Scanner

Another tool that works well and is only for cleaning a system is McAfee AVERT Stinger. I don&#39;t like McAfee products, but this free tools is nice. Of course you can&#39;t forget for the tougher spyware HijackThis and CWShredder

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    those cracks didnt work. the on demand scanner wouldnt dl. i tweaked with x setup and cleaned my registry. now i gotta scan for virus/trojans and spy/ad ware. i have like 10 apps for those but which ones would u recomend cause i dont wanna scan with each app

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    cwsshredder said i was completely clean. hijack this found a hole bunch of shit that i know wasent spyware like my isps website nod32 and a whole bunch of other bs&#33; im currently doing a edwido and stinger scan. then i will do spy sweeper, the cleaner, ad aware, spy bot, and finally nod32 when the on demand scanner dl will work&#33; damn that alot. i might not be finished today&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by 3223@26 April 2004 - 22:50
    cwsshredder said i was completely clean. hijack this found a hole bunch of shit that i know wasent spyware like my isps website nod32 and a whole bunch of other bs&#33; im currently doing a edwido and stinger scan. then i will do spy sweeper, the cleaner, ad aware, spy bot, and finally nod32 when the on demand scanner dl will work&#33; damn that alot. i might not be finished today&#33;
    . after this you&#39;ll be completley clean

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Yeah, your comp better be clean after this or there&#39;s something terrribly wrong.

The thing about HijackThis is that it tells you that not everything it finds is spyware. It just really tells you everything that has access to certain parts of your comp that&#39;s associated with spyware. I still find it to be a very useful tool.

For the NOD32 on-demand scanner, check out nsane&#39;s site

BTW, in my experience, SpySweeper catches more than the other spyridding tools I&#39;ve used. It also updates quicker and isn&#39;t as targetted by spyware. And to stop this crap from getting into your comp to begin with, check out my sig.

-- Xero Grid --

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    ewido found nothing. btw does any1 have a (rack for it? i think the chance of it finding something will be higher if its registered. stinger only told be the # of clean files nothing else so i guess it found everything to be clean. now for spysweeper and cleaner&#33; nsanes site dl didnt work either&#33; i turned off viewing sigs. is it by any chance spyware blaster cause i already have that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    This is what I meant. I don&#39;t like extra programs running when you can just edit something already in your OS and it can do the same if not better.

Now, just so you know. The full version if SpySweeper works better than the trial version.

-- Xero Grid --

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    i have full version of spy sweeper. im talking about ewido. i need the crack for ewido. spy sweeper for 1 ad ware: Alset Helpexpress. i dont know what the hell that is but im deleting it. 5 more scans to go&#33; i still need nod32 on demand scanner though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast