Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Pass Those Tests/opinion Surveys?

okay, this is like the 5th fuckin time i've taken one of these so called "opinion surveys" for a company in order to get hired for the position.....and the last 3 no one called back after i took it, and one of them i found out i didn't pass......uh.....i don't know if you guys have taken it, but it's like about 80 questions long......ranks from 1 through 10 for disagreeing or agreeing to the question....and i don't know what the hell i'm doing wrong. The questions are pretty straight forward too. and i notice they give me this during the "interview" phase, and it's freakin annoying cuz i can't seem to get past that.....i got this test from applying at retail stores.....

i tried doing the online tests that they have now for applying online at places like bestbuy or homedepot, and it's sort of the same type of test, where it's like common sense questions where it's like, do you strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree, to like 30 pages of questions. and fuck! i didn't pass the homedepot test, and i have to wait 3 months before i can apply again......and the same goes to the other stores..

so it's very fustrating cuz the questions "seem" easy and striaghtforward, but i don't know what the hell i'm doing wrong....... is there a trick or technique to this that i don't know about??? can you study or find out about passing these things online?

i notice they make you take tests for applying for the postal office as well........but yeah, hopefully someone can help me out so that if i have to take future "opinion survey tests" like this, then i pass through this time....

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Give us a sample of ten or so random questions they ask...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    damn, i should've copied some of them down....hoping that you guys have all gone through it, i see them everywhere now, the online ones are powered by some thing, that has a 30 page questionare with 5 questions each having 4 options, strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree...

or in the case of the home depot one
    they give a specific situation of something tha thappened and they ask you "what would you least likey to do" or "most likely to do" if so and so happened, with choices like, tell the supervisor, report them , etc etc

and the ones that you do that the actual store has like "opinion survey PE 2.0" and like 80 to 88 questions dealing with that 1 through 10 option choice......

but yeah, i can't think of any good ones on the top of my head right now........damn......

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I've never been able to pass one of those.

Zellers, by the way, asks you to rate how enlightened you are. On a scale of 1 to 5, no less. Now, I would think this would go against the entire point of becoming enlightened, because you cannot know you are enlightened until you become enlightened. And I wouldn't think that a completely enlightened person would be working at Zellers.

Fun fact picked up from my sister's Zellers application.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    How about a link to one of the online assessments? Or is that not possible the way they are set up?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    well.....i can't link them.....but i figured...anyone who's applied for a retail or sales job store, especially online, has probably gone through it one way or another, at least, that's what they're doing now....

i can try to save the page and copy and paste, but the one that i wanted to figure out how to get past doesn't allow me to do any of that.......

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    alright, i finally passed that test for some other company and got the job.....!! so okay, i got to look at my stats for that survey in my packet, it's called the orion pre-employment self accessment evaluation......that they use to see if they should further continue employment processes with applicants.....

q1) so yeah, how do you really pass these easily in the future? i actually got lucky on this one, but i don't want to depend on luck......and the problem is that this test isn't the same for filling out the ones online.....so i was hoping someone here would know.....

also, i had to fill out paperwork..

q2) how do you fill out a w4 form? it looks complicated, and my friend told me that if you don't do it right then you might end up paying too much or too little...

it looks like this......
    this form
    i didn't know how to fill out numbers 5, 6, and 7 on that page...

q3) i never really understood how taxes work? what's the point..i mean, they already cut off a chunk from each paycheck you get, so on tax day, when you fill out the forms, do you get most of it back or something?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    damn it didn't load..well, basically it asks how many allowances i am claiming....addiitional amount want withheld from each paycheck......claim eemption.........etc etc

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@10 May 2004 - 20:50
    damn it didn't load..well, basically it asks how many allowances i am claiming....addiitional amount want withheld from each paycheck......claim eemption.........etc etc
    I f you claim 0 now then when you do your taxes in april you claim yourself and any other dependants you will likely get refund instead of having to pay. You don't have to withhld anything, but if you do it will also go towards your refund. I don't think you will actuallly end up paying less, but at least you won't have a surprise expence at the end of the year.

it's also usually better to let your spouse, parents , or whoever claim you a s dependant if they make more money, but some laws have changed since i did anyone's taxes.

Either way it's better to claim 0 now.

As for the survey's maybe you are just trying too hard. They can probably tell if your not being honest. Just a guess.
    I only licked you for the salt

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BANNED
    with those tests you need to choose the exteme answers.

example, if you are asked if you would tell on somebody if they were dealing you need say: yes i will or no i will not (in this case yes ofcourse is the correct one) don't choose the answers that are in the middle with senarios and shit, like : maybe or if or etc.

as far as taxes go choose one. 0 is too much, even if you get any back its not gonna be no where near how much they took. think about it if you make around $1100 every too weeks they will take out about $400 of that evey two weeks.

thats $800 a month, now 800x12month= $9600

now when was a last time you saw some body like that get a $5000 refund???

if you put 2 you mind end up owing at the end of the year.

put one and you won't give too much and you will get a little bit back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast