Thread: Com Con

Can anyone tell me where my "pci simple communication controllers"may have gone. I,ve got no sound since re-installing xp pro. Keep getting an error message to say drivers for the above are missing. Anyone out there got the brains to solve this, cos I hav'nt

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    find out the model of your soundcard and your network card(s) then go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers for your particular models. then install them.

if your computer is OEM then go to the manufacturers website to download the drivers, or put in ur recovery disks which will contain the driver files. If its a built computer then get out your drivers discs and get installing.

you might wanna go to device manager (right click my omputer>manage>device manager on the left) and see what other devices have not been installed. these are devices with a "!" or "?" beside them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah thanks tried all those already. Be grateful if you can think of anything else, ta!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    When i try to sort it it keeps tellin me error (code 28) whatever that means.
    Got my sound card sorted and my computer says its working OK

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    so your sound is all working now?

for the network, its definately a driver problem. you gotta download the drivers for your NIC.

what are your computer's specs?