Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Connection Problem

okay, here's the thing:
    I had Kazaa Lite K++ (2.4.1) and it was working fine for months....until 2 days ago.

I am using XP, am on a college network, but i don't think that's the problem because it's been working fine all year.

I was able to connect, but after about 2 minutes of being connected i'd get a message saying that it had to be shut down and i had the optionof whether or not to send an error report.

I came on here, looking for an answer, and tried downloading a new version (2.4.4) and now it won't connect. I've tried jumping supernodes and suggestions for people on university networks, but nothing is working. I've been using Kazaa now for several years, but haven't had many problems, so if anyone has any suggestions, please spell it out really simple for me.

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    you got a corrupt file in your shared folder or a bad db file.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@25 April 2004 - 23:47
    you got a corrupt file in your shared folder or a bad db file.
    you might wanna explain howto fix that . its most likely a corrupt file so empty the contents of your shared folder into a temporary folder. now see if kazaa lite works. if it does, then- one by one start putting the files back in your shared folder, and restart kazaa each time so you can pin point which file is corrupt. then delete the file. see if this helps.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    well i knew you would come by and post it so i didn't wanna take away from our post. lol

its kinda of a pitch and hit.

no but realy i have answered this question like 5000 times atleast and i'm not joking

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 April 2004 - 00:06
    well i knew you would come by and post it so i didn't wanna take away from our post. lol

its kinda of a pitch and hit.

no but realy i have answered this question like 5000 times atleast and i'm not joking
    :beerchug:

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I moved all my shared files into a new folder before I uninstalled my old version of Kazaa and installed the new one. So, I don't have any files in my shared folder and it still doesn't work.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well it could be that it now has been blocked...try port 37. Click on Kazaa lite options, then firewall, change the port to port 37, and then let us know here if that helps.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by LolaHoneybee@25 April 2004 - 23:47
    I moved all my shared files into a new folder before I uninstalled my old version of Kazaa and installed the new one. So, I don't have any files in my shared folder and it still doesn't work.
    try deleteing your db folder

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    h1
    It's usually in "C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Kazaa Lite\db."

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I just searched my entire computer and it turns out that I don't seem to have a db folder. Is that possible? Could that be the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast