Thread: Quick Question

I've noticed many times that I'll preview a downloading movie file and when doing so all I see is a black screen that flashes the DivX logo then fades away. I've even let a several of these kind of files download fully, to try watching it then, but still, the entire file is completely blank it seems, with nothing but the DivX logo flash.

Could anyone add some insight on this for me? It annoys me to no end when I finally think I've found the movie I've been looking for and end up with a 700mb file that runs a black screen for an hour and a half.

Im using Kazaa Lite by the way...

Thanks in Advance.

'One Confused Mofo

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    this happens to me aswell mate - and everyone seems to be either a fake file or a damaged one. i wouldnt ever bother downloading these files unless you see some of the movie pal. use videolan aswell as avipreview because that plays frmaes better. if you get othing from both - dont bother to download

occasionally i have downloaded movies that avipreview can only preview say 30 mins of movie - and they work fine. but if you get the blank screen and the divx logo - in my experience they are always fake files

hope that helps
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    just one of the shit parts of k-lite youve got to put up with. switching to irc/bt will improve youre patience my friend&#33;

you could always use the verified hashes form this forum. they for obvious reasons are never fake
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Okay thanks.

I&#39;ve used IRC before, but found I have little to no patience for the files to begin transfer.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    bittorent might be for you then. its a lot simpler to get into than irc, and isnt too dissimiliar to kazaa. you pick a torrent from loads of different sites and away you go - i just find i get fanatastiv speeds with irc.

there are some great bt guides in the bittorent section - give it a go pal