Thread: How Do I Extract The Ac3 Audio

imported_jamesandpie
    Heres the problem, when ever i try to extract the audio from "The Ring CD1 screener by [Vite]" its says that an error has occured, and the file is possibly corrupt! But when i watch the film the sound is fine all the way thrugh. Is it even possible for a .avi to become corrupt? Ive had my .iso's become corrupted sometimes but never a film. Can somebody find a way to extract the AC3 sound from this film and convert it to .wav format please! The program that i currently use is headac3he 0.23a which has always worked for other films ive downloaded, just not this one!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Quick question and sorry but I need to understand something. Why are you trying to rip the sound off of an avi file in the first place? May be a stupid question, however I have never had the need.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I have no idea why u want to rip it out, but if u want to play the movie with that sound, u can goto the microsoft.com website and download a copy of enduser, it's the only known codec I've found that works, but u are going to need to use WMP or zoom player.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    imported_jamesandpie
    Becuase I always extract the audio from a film before putting it on a VCD to prevent sycronization problems. Its easy if its got mp3 sound becos i can just use virtual dub, but when it has AC3 sometimes it says its corrupt! Have you got a better way to make it into a VCD without ever getting video/sound sync. problems???

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Check http://www.doom6.org for a version of VirtuaDub that supports AC3 sound.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    @Paul: I think that's the wrong link. It's http://www.doom9.org