Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry Or Splinter Cell:pt

Poster
    I wanna buy a game and i have narrowed it down to these

I have read both reviews... and both seem pretty cool to me

My specs are in my sig...

and from what i hear Far Cry might not be able to run smoothly (1024 x 768) ..hmm that sux if its true...

Have you guys played any of theses games? I want to hear what you guys thought of it...

2. Games   -   #2
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by dray_02@26 April 2004 - 13:28
    I wanna buy a game and i have narrowed it down to these

I have read both reviews... and both seem pretty cool to me

My specs are in my sig...

and from what i hear Far Cry might not be able to run smoothly (1024 x 768) ..hmm that sux if its true...

Have you guys played any of theses games? I want to hear what you guys thought of it...
    Far Cry will run fine as long as you dont crank it too much....you could probably get away with all settings on high, water very high....bit of AF, maybe 2x, 4x, i reckon your rig will handle it. The only thing holding you back is the GPU, and the 9600 is still a good card.

3. Games   -   #3
    I got Far Cry running ok at 1024 x 768. Its alittle choppy when I turn but nothing too bad. I got a GeForce4 MX440 So you should be fine. My Ti 4200 should be comming in the mail soon
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    cool so u guys rekon far cry.

5. Games   -   #5
    i have an extremely similar setup at yours (only with a radeon 9600) and i run it at these settings:
    1024x768
    all settings at very high
    AF at 4x
    Fsaa at None

and ive never had any problems running it, no slowdowns or anything so yes buy Far Cry!!!
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@27 April 2004 - 08:39
    i have an extremely similar setup at yours (only with a radeon 9600) and i run it at these settings:
    1024x768
    all settings at very high
    AF at 6x
    Fsaa at 1

and ive never had any problems running it, no slowdowns or anything so yes but Far Cry!!!
    sweet thanks ill get it

7. Games   -   #7
    Double Agent
    i just played far cry, it's boring

and you dont get to have sex with the gurl...

8. Games   -   #8
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Played both of them I&#39;ve finished far cry and am almost finished splinter cell.

I would say it depends upon what kinda game you fancy, both are great games, far cry edged it for me as I like to shoot things without haviong to worry about alarms going off and failing the mission .

put it this way whichever you choose you won&#39;t be dissappointed, there are a few so so games going about at the mo with differing reviews but these two are great.

(p.s. go with far cry if you like a shooter )

p.s. just checked your specs you should be ok (didn&#39;t have sig&#39;s turned on), the game has an auto detect facility that sets the ....well settings, dependant upon the ability of your pc. I would have to say I would be surprised if you got the kinda thing rgx has suggested but believe me I run the game on medium and it still looks great

9. Games   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I havn&#39;t played Far Cry yet, but I hear its good. I rented Splinter Cell: PT yesterday and I think its awesome. B)

10. Games   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i just beat splinter cell tonite. a little too easy for me. and i heard the mp wasn&#39;t as good as everyone expected. get far cry. better yet, get hl2 or doom3 when they come out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast