Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dvd-rw Question

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i have no idea if i need dvd-ram anyway. all i want to do is burn dvd movies and back up large amounts of anime on one disk!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by mr. nails@27 April 2004 - 02:33
    i have no idea if i need dvd-ram anyway. all i want to do is burn dvd movies and back up large amounts of anime on one disk!
    u dont care about speed?

then go here

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    yeah, the 812 is reportedly a great drive, id go for that if i were to buy one today
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@27 April 2004 - 06:33
    yeah, the 812 is reportedly a great drive, id go for that if i were to buy one today
    rofl yea

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    ok, i got my writer. so, let me verify. what is a good media to get? the dvd -&#39;s or the dvd +&#39;s? in other words. what media is preferred by most dvd-roms and home dvd players? and if someone knows what does the ps2 and/or xbox prefer? i was gonna get me a pack at fry&#39;s yesterday, but the media is still pricey. so, i wanna make sure i get the right disks on the first try. thx fellas&#33;
    Alamo Drafthouse!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Once they are burnt, most dvd-rom drives and home dvd players can&#39;t tell the difference between + and - media. It is usually a case that they will either play dvdr or not.

It is more important to get media which is compatible with your burner. This should give you information on what&#39;s compatible, which drive did you end up getting? For PS2 or XBox look for ones that say Console reliability is good.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    i ended up getting this one. haven&#39;t tried it out yet cuz am researching what type of media i should purchase. according to that chart you posted. the memorex dvd-r&#39;s play good on everything. so, i guess i will try those. unless, someone has good reason not to. thx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    One of the memorex options is good all round, the other only mixed, make sure you get the right one if you go for those.

But Memorex are likely to be expensive, Princo (who actually produce many of the CD and DVD dyes) are usually good all round and are relatively cheap, though you will probably have to get them mail order.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    lol, thx, but i don&#39;t really think i will be purchasing dvd&#39;s thru the mail. anywho, i like going to frys and spending money i don&#39;t have. sure, i don&#39;t want to spend an arm and a leg, but maybe the memorex will do. the memorex is 25 pack for &#036;40 and a 50 pack for &#036;70&#33; jeez, so expensive. but is ok i&#39;m sure. once i get into the backing up and burning what needs to be done. thx&#33;
    Alamo Drafthouse!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123